Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Correct play for 2 overcards

Maybe this is a FAQ, if so feel free to flame me.
I'm really struggling with this concept. Let's say you have AKo in CO and raise preflop and get maybe 3 callers, flop is all rags.
What is correct play. Raising? Checking? C/R?
I have tried various approaches and seem to loose money on all of them.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Correct play for 2 overcards

Here's some of Loyalguards luv....

Overcards

Also, you haven't provided enough information. What's your postion, what type of player are you up against. There are no set plays.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:22 PM

Yes I suppose you are right. Sigh!
Basically as I play on the nano-tables most players are loose. FP% 35-60. You can almost never force anyone to fold with a bet so basically you are betting for value with 6 outs.
But is that a sane approach?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM

Betting for value with Ace high against multiple opponents? How likely is it that everyone missed the flop and your Ace high is still good?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:37 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post7623905
Old 10-12-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting for value with Ace high against multiple opponents? How likely is it that everyone missed the flop and your Ace high is still good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! I read a few of the posts you linked to and I agree that if you are in late position and get bet in to, you should raise. But if you are first to act with two overcards...ahh that is something else.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:53 PM

On a table with loose passive players you make more money not bluffing than bluffing. For sake of argument raising a ragged board with A high is bluffing. If you miss the flop and your c-bet is called by a bunch of people stop putting money in the pot UI. If there a lot of people in you may not even want to c-bet and c/c or c/f the turn depending. C/R with air or betting overcards into calling stations is a huge leak. Learn to fold A high.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a table with loose passive players you make more money not bluffing than bluffing. For sake of argument raising a ragged board with A high is bluffing. If you miss the flop and your c-bet is called by a bunch of people stop putting money in the pot UI. If there a lot of people in you may not even want to c-bet and c/c or c/f the turn depending. C/R with air or betting overcards into calling stations is a huge leak. Learn to fold A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you agree with the advice to raise a bet if you are last to act or do you consider that also a leak?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you agree with the advice to raise a bet if you are last to act or do you consider that also a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to raise donk bets on ragged flops but stopped when I ended up folding too many of those hands to donk bets on the turn. Unless you have reads that someone will fold to flop aggression raising with A high on a flop that you've been donked into doesn't make much sense. Call and fold the turn UI.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM

OK. Thanks for advice. I'll try to study a bit more and reread SSHE and the forums. It is 01:03 here now so "Good Night Ladies...."