Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 04:31 AM

Default 2/4 Top pair with heavy action

POKERSTARS GAME #11463390939: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($200/$400) - 2007/08/13 - 09:04:37 (ET)
Table 'Rosselia' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: patrikskjold ($4081 in chips)
Seat 3: Exclusive ($17442 in chips)
Seat 4: newhizzle ($15584 in chips)
patrikskjold: posts small blind $100
Exclusive: posts big blind $200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to patrikskjold [Qh Kc]
newhizzle: raises $200 to $400
patrikskjold: raises $200 to $600
Exclusive: raises $200 to $800
Betting is capped
newhizzle: calls $400
patrikskjold: calls $200
*** FLOP *** [6d 9c Qd]
patrikskjold: bets $200
Exclusive: raises $200 to $400
newhizzle: raises $200 to $600
patrikskjold: raises $200 to $800
Betting is capped
Exclusive: calls $400
newhizzle: calls $200
*** TURN *** [6d 9c Qd] [3h]
patrikskjold: checks

Who bets this turn? I thought about calling the flop and donking most turns if noah doesnt cap. Comments on that as well please.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Top pair with heavy action

hey patriks,

yeah after the action your hand dosent look great in most lineups anyway, when dealing with exclusive, i think it looks a lot stronger as his preflop action means he has 2 cards and his flop raise could be a lot of hands, i like the flop donk, as you are getting raised like always and its a good way to protect your hand

im not sure how often a flop 4 bet will make him fold if he does have some trash like some random pair or something, but there is probably value to it anyway, i usually have a hand here, as you have represented some strength, but i could have an underpair or something similar trying to make you fold your underpair(as it turned out i was going kinda animal), i think my hand range widens a lot when dealing with my 3-bet of exclusives raise, so i think in this particular lineup there should be value to a flop 4 bet

as far as the turn, i think after 4-betting the flop you should bet the turn, as really i think the flop 4 bet has value and shouldnt just be to get exclusive out, once again, i think you can be good a lot of the time in this lineup, if you get raised, call down, if its 2 bets back to you its probably safe to lay it down, although i could be capable of making a play here as it is a big pot and something like a pair and a flush draw has some showdown value vs exclusive, i think generally you are in bad shape and its likely to be costly to see a showdown

on the call/donk line, i dont mind it as its a drawy board and your equity is likely not great and theres a good chance you can face me with 2 cold and also get to see what exclusive does, actually i think it might be a pretty good line here, i think there is value to a 4bet, but 3 way on this board you cant be ahead by much, so this maybe keeping the pot smallish is the way to go

first time ive written a long post like this in a while, its probably kinda rambly and migth not make sense
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 AM

what he said.

good post Mark.

Devo
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 AM

summary: Cap Flop, BET turn is the way here?