Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Insight-Pokerhound Software

Hello,

I use the Insight-Pokerhound software for a couple of days now and find this software really not bad. Actually, it is a very intelligently assembled software, plus the turoring and documentation is a big bonus. However, I just have to learn all details and this is a lot of work. Unfortunately, one finds not enough information and experience stories about this software on the Internet. It seems like that this software is a secret remedy for certain users who will not inform the public.

What I find very useful is that also SNGs are supported very well and an ICM module shall be integrated during the next few days. The Canadian developer and poker pro John Brown arranges SNG Coaching-Sessions to demonstrate how the Insight-Pokerhound Software works. One receives an invitation to such a session if one takes up contact with him about the website of Insight-Pokerhound. You can find the required link with Google.

In this manner one can probably have a very good look how this software works. I would be very glad about if in this thread further details about the Insight-Pokerhound and especially about the new ICM module would follow.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Insight-Pokerhound Software

Oh golly gee really?!?! Thanks for this informative and clearly unbiased review.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Please appologize my somewhat unwise efforts to profit from know how of other users. Nevertheless, maybe still some users can announce themselves here. If not I must probably keep my knowledge for myself.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:41 PM

LOL. Congratulations, John Brown, that is the worst disguised dummy 2+2 account I've ever seen, and it isn't even close. The broken English mixed in with the software promotion - nice touch!

"What I find very useful is that also SNGs are supported very well and an ICM module shall be integrated during the next few days." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Too rich...
Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 PM

Thank you very much for your commend. I can understand you very well although English is not my native language. Vice versa I think you would understand only railway station. Ok such situation should not happen in an international forum like this one.

I know that some very good poker players use this software and I would like to come into contact with them. You do not seem to belong to this circle. However, if you have arguments against this software I would be pleased to read further details from you.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM

There is a demo on their web site that shows usage of the software through a SitAndGo. It nicely illustrates how to use the ICM EV calculator for the End Game:

The demo is at this link:
http://www.insight-pokerhound.com/Demos.htm
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Nice how both McSeafields and quadmasters posts are all about this program.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Now a new demo (created with better recording software) is available. It shows Pokerhound in action during an 18 player SNG on Pokerstars. The demonstration is subdivided into three different SNG stages:

- Initial phase with very tight pot odds play
- Middle phase: usage of several integrated and external stats.
- Final stage: usage of an ICM based push/fold strategy.

As one can see, this software requires much experience in dealing with a lot of information about opponents which is partly specific and updated for each stage of a poker hand.

Is it self-deception if one trusts too much on such additional information? Or does better information about opponents and probabilities lead into better poker decisions?

It is certainly true, this software does not calculate the actual values of the hand held by opponents and can also not estimate the outcome of a coin-flip decision. And nobody will need such software in a fish pond with well-behaved fishes. I certainly do not. And I am also not used to play with such software. However, what interests me: How it looks in a predatory fish pond if you have almost all desired information about your opponents and sophisticated ICM calculations? Is a good opponent able to change his behavior constantly and/or insert moves which lead to confusion, i.e. depreciation of the opponent stats as provided by such software?

I still try to find an answer. And therefore the opinion of a very experienced poker pro would interest me.