Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

one of the reasons why Justin West is such a tool is that, not knowing anything about Mike Paulie, I now have reason to suspect anything he said as mistaken or BS simply because he writes on the same website.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods, is there any way you can batch delete "there was no superuser account" from the titles so that they no longer get copied when people post? It is so misleading, that if someone copys a post to paste it somewhere else, someone will get the wrong impression.
Why isn't the title locked from the time a thread is started anyway? It allows it to be co-opted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when someone makes a change and then posts something so outrageous that he gets hundreds of replies.

Sorry about my spelling of 'copies'. Maybe I would make a good reporter on the poker beat.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 PM

no, I can't do all the titles at once, and I'm not doing something like 150 of them one at a time

besides, who the hell reads a 400 post thread in threaded mode
Old 10-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: absolutepokercheats.com

Old 10-23-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, I can't do all the titles at once, and I'm not doing something like 150 of them one at a time

besides, who the hell reads a 400 post thread in threaded mode

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you watch for any new ones that have the mis-stated title and change them for a little while? Maybe that will suffice.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AP was started by Scott Tom and a few Ivy league friends back in 2003. Phil Tom and the other fathers of these kids bankrolled the venture, and Absolute Poker was born. Phil Tom is Scott Tom's FATHER, not his brother. The IP address that this 'other' account was logged in from was traced to the home cable modem of Scott Tom, CEO of Absolute poker. scott@rivieraltd.com is apparently the CEO, and is also the owner of account POTRIPPER. Scott Tom is also apparently the owner of the STEAMROLLER account.

[ QUOTE ]
Scott Tom may also go by the name of Scott Beckley as he was primarily raised by his mother from ages 2-15 in Montana while his father lived in Washington. He lived breifly with his father for one year where his father allegedly failed to pay for a medical expense, at which point he returned to live with his mother in Montana.

Cause No. 79964, Fourth Judicial District Court of Montana, Missoula County 1996.

[/ QUOTE ]
On September 3rd, 2007 a small jet plane caught on fire before taking off on the runway at San Jose Juan Santamaria International Airport in Costa Rica. The two passengers on the private jet were Scott Tom and his pregnant wife. The plane's destination was Colombia and the rumored cargo on the plane was $2-3M in cash. Officials at Absolute Poker confirmed to Point-Spreads.com that Tomm was on the jet, however, deny any money was onboard.

If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com. The IP address cross-references to someone named Scott Tom, who also appears to be an owner at AP. It should also be noted that the first part of the rivieraltd.com email is "scott@".

Scott Tom has been spamming poker forums as recently as June 2007 on behalf of Absolute Poker. Scott Tom has account at Ultimate Bet under the name of 'PotChopper'

[ QUOTE ]
From brsavage, a highly respected member of the poker community: "Scott Tom is not an ex employee of Absolute. He was at the sale from Excapsa to the AP ownership group, and we have him tied to AP in recent history and I have confirmed from parties within that he is in fact STILL in control of AP. He may be in seclusion in Panama, but his attorneys are acting at his behest in trying to maintain contol of AP."

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute's statement: "With respect to the claims that Scott Tom, a former Member of Team Absolute Poker, is in anyway involved in wrong-doing, Absolute Poker has requested a formal investigation into that matter as well. Mr. Tom has not been involved with Absolute Poker for over a year and to the best of our knowledge, information and belief has not had access to any of Absolute Poker’s systems, databases or information."

[/ QUOTE ]
---------------------------------
AJ GREEN

Previously know as Allan Grimard he recently changed his name to AJ GREEN. AJ GREEN is the VP of operations at nine.com. Nine.com shares the same office building as Absolute Poker in Costa Rica. While at Nine.com, AJ had a portrait done of himself that hung on his wall over his desk. The photo was a picture of him "American Beauty' style laying spread out on his futon covered in hundred dollar bills. While living in Costa Rica, AJ bought a house in Escazu outright with cash.

The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com and the former director of operations at Absolute. AJ Green was formerly known as Allan Grimard and had a name change once moving to Costa Rica. AJ Green is also POTSLAMMER, he of the 3 posts shilling for AP in his only thread. As we already know, The Watchdog, who comes in to defend him and co-shill for AP in that thread, is probably Scott Tom. AJ Green/Potripper on AP [almost certainly] = FATRAISER on Stars.

"We wanted to provide a safe environment for our other popular sites," said AJ Green, VP of operations at Nine.com. "iovation has a proven record of decreasing fraud and stopping crime rings from forming and coming back resulting in a much more secure environment for ourselves and our clients"

[/ QUOTE ]

Now Scott Tom or AJ Green is the owner of the Potripper account?

"The IP address that this 'other' account was logged in from was traced to the home cable modem of Scott Tom, CEO of Absolute poker. scott@rivieraltd.com is apparently the CEO, and is also the owner of account POTRIPPER."

You say Scott was the owner at one point.

Then still at the Scott Tom part come a very confusing sentence.

"If you guys remember, there were two people watching Potripper's table. One is #363; the other is assumed to be Potripper. That second account's email address is scott@rivieraltd.com."

So Potripper was sitting and at the same time observing at this table with the same username. What?

Then at the AJ Green part you say:

"he Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend."

I think this needs a little clarifying.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

I wonder if, under AJ's portrait at nine.com, he had a sign that said, "GO TO SLEEP"
Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: absolutepokercheats.com

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offense to Teddy, but I dont think he should have the sole say over that decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. got a better idea?

the point is that whacking absolute over the head with a stick needs to be balanced with a carrot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just an observer in all this but wanted to add my thoughts on the website.

I would like to propose that if Absolute ever comes totally clean and takes all the steps necessary to convince the community of that, that the website remain, but be updated to include this information.

(Personally, I think a third party audit with representatives from the poker community present will be necessary, along with disclosure that just has not happened yet.)

There are a lot of reasons to pursue this; getting players money back, etc.

While exposing blatant cheating in online poker may be a net loss PR wise to the community short term, the most important end goal in all this is greater transparency and accountability for the entire industry. For that reason I would like to see a record of all that transpired remain online.

Let the "carrot" for Absolute be including in the website any steps they eventually take to make things right.

Obviously Josem, if keeping the site up long term is a financial consideration we'd have to come up with a way to work that out.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i hesitate to mention this because it seems so trivial, but I remember the first time I withdrew from AP to neteller. The amount was something like $669.69 and I requested a full withdrawal. the total amount disappeared from my account but only $669 showed up at neteller. The $.69 went mia. At the time i remember thinking that was kinda [censored] of AP but didn't make a big deal over it. (the numbers are made up because I don't remember the actual amounts.)

That's not much, but over time I suppose it would add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't thought much about this either, but now that you mention it, the rakeback deposits I get from rakeback.org every month are rounded down to the nearest dollar as well. Their site will say it transferred $258.86 to me, but I'll only get $258 in my account.

I assumed it was rakeback.org rounding, but maybe not?

[/ QUOTE ]

you arent allowed to withdraw cents from your acct, you only withdrew 669 (add you weirdo)
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you think the FBI are interested in this, and what happens if someone from Absolute tries to get into the USA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if your post starts with "Sorry if this has been asked before", then you shouldn't post. You should read.

Either it has been asked MANY times, or other information (which you haven't read) would make it obvious why it is irrelevant.
Closed Thread