Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: USC 7-1
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 1 2.70%
4 2 5.41%
5 1 2.70%
6 5 13.51%
7 9 24.32%
8 6 16.22%
9 6 16.22%
10 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

Further thoughts on as previous theme I posted:

If you are in hiding, even though you are innocent of any wrongdoing(OHT?), because you do not want to rat out your friend (SPT?), do you feel safe knowing there are other people involved that are on the loose(AJG?), who may not play by the same fraternity rules? Especially when they might think an innocent person might come back to the US and sing at some future time! Maybe it would be a good idea to seek out protective custody before they come to that conclusion! [OHT phone home!]
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly you didn't read the part of my post where I asked where to start such a thread, obv. But you're also right about getting flamed, even though I have perfect evidence. I'm a small time player and I don't need people jumping all over me telling me that I shouldn't be doing this or that anyway. So let's just say [censored] it and get back to the AP deal. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Forget I even mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I want to see this.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - the plot thickens

[ QUOTE ]
Rika,

"(p.s. this goes for tons of pokersites but NOT pokerstars, that's why I'm so thankful they insured our money at a legit bank, A+ job stars, way to be a step above everyone else)"

While I have no reason to doubt PokerStars claims on this issue, pretty much any poker site can claim they do this. And even if they actually do, there's probably nothing to stop them from accessing that money.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, anyone could claim that. To prevent unauthorized access, the site could certainly have procedures in place with their bank that require signed and vocal authorization from 1-2 key people for all withdrawals, all > some size, or per day, etc.
Not that that eliminates fraud either, but it's a big step.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Further thoughts on as previous theme I posted:

If you are in hiding, even though you are innocent of any wrongdoing(OHT?), because you do not want to rat out your friend (SPT?), do you feel safe knowing there are other people involved that are on the loose(AJG?), who may not play by the same fraternity rules? Especially when they might think an innocent person might come back to the US and sing at some future time! Maybe it would be a good idea to seek out protective custody before they come to that conclusion! [OHT phone home!]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: darn, I posted above using the stupid 'no superuser account ... in the title!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Mods, is there any way you can batch delete "there was no superuser account" from the titles so that they no longer get copied when people post? It is so misleading, that if someone copys a post to paste it somewhere else, someone will get the wrong impression.
Why isn't the title locked from the time a thread is started anyway? It allows it to be co-opted.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM

have someone look up "WALTER_M"?
He has 2 big winnings in Absolute poker.

Tournament Place Winnings
Absolute Poker $100,000 Guarantee 1/602 $30,100.00
Absolute Poker $150,000 Guarantee 2/604 $21,450.00
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM

This isn't very interesting but I might as well put it here... Yesterday Mike Paulle had a column where he said:

The player was an employee of Absolute and could see all the hands. This is technically simply if one has the right access. I've seen the 'client' opened, that shows all the hands, when I worked the WSOP for PokerStars a few years ago. It's frightening."

There was some disagreement over whether he was talking about Absolute's or Stars' client...
I asked him and he said:

saw the open client in Poker Stars. I don't know anything about Absolute software or any of the principals involved.

If this is true it would mean that Stars is lying because they claim this is totally impossible. I think he is probably mistaken and was probably just watching a final table replay or something.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I've spoken to people who've seen the "american beauty" portrait of AJ green. It's real.

2) There are several posts saying that Absolute and nine.com share an office building; this is not true anymore. They were located on the same floor of a small office center at one point, but not any longer and not for quite some time.

3) Numerous references to AJ Green's drug habit - this is confirmed in every way. He was a huge abuser.

4) Reports that he bought a house in Escazu for cash; I don't know if this is true, but I will say a few things. Mortgages in Costa Rica are terrible; you need to put down at least 25% of the purchase price of the house in cash, and you cannot borrow it. The rates are in double digits for interest. So, to buy a house, you better be ready to pay for most of it. With that said, Escazu is a suburb of San Jose, maybe 10 minutes outside the city. It's a very popular location for foreigners to live, and housing prices there are extremely high. For a "mansion" type of place, you'd be looking at half a million dollars easily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you think the FBI are interested in this, and what happens if someone from Absolute tries to get out of the USA?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

gg
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods, is there any way you can batch delete "there was no superuser account" from the titles so that they no longer get copied when people post? It is so misleading, that if someone copys a post to paste it somewhere else, someone will get the wrong impression.
Why isn't the title locked from the time a thread is started anyway? It allows it to be co-opted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. It can get quite confusing for us newbies.
Closed Thread