Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Bonus v. Rakeback on Full Tilt

What's the amount a player might earn per hour on a site like Full Tilt, for example, in bonus dollars versus in rakeback?

Let's assume a $10-$20 NLH 6-max game. The rake per hand is capped at $3 (but I think even less for 6-max. What is the cap for 6-max on Full Tilt?). 27% rakeback is standard for Full Tilt. So 0.27 x $3 = $0.81 per hand. If 30 hands are raked per hour (is that typical?) then 0.81 x 30 = $24.30 per hour in rakeback?

Comparing that to bonus dollars, each Full Tilt Point (FTP) is worth $0.06. You earn 3 FTPs per raked hand, or $.018 per raked hand. If 30 hands are raked per hour that's $5.40 per hour in bonus dollars.

Did I do this correctly?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Bonus v. Rakeback on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Did I do this correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]Nope.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 AM

You are assuming that every single raked hand is capped at $3. I dont think thats right
Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 AM

Here's where your calculations are wrong:

For rakeback, in a $3 raked pot at any table, that $3 is divided evenly among all players dealt into a hand. So for every $3 raked hand at a full 6max table, you only get $0.50*0.27, or $0.135 per raked hand. The bonus $ is still $0.18 per hand, and thus, a better deal.

I know the max rake for 6 or more players is $3, and I think it goes down to $2 for 4 players, $1 for 3 players, and $0.50 for 2 players, even if it is a 6max or full ring table - it just depends on how many people are dealt in. But pretty much any hand at 10/20nl that goes to a flop will reach max rake.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 AM

I understand now. Thanks. So at first blush it appears that earning bonus dollars is a better deal. However, those bonus dollars now need to be "cleared" before they become real money in your account. How does that work exactly? Are you still earning new Full Tilt points (and thus more bonus dollars) while clearing those previous bonus dollars you earned? If so, it would seem that the bonus dollars are truly a better deal than rakeback on Full Tilt. Is this in fact the case?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand now. Thanks. So at first blush it appears that earning bonus dollars is a better deal. However, those bonus dollars now need to be "cleared" before they become real money in your account. How does that work exactly? Are you still earning new Full Tilt points (and thus more bonus dollars) while clearing those previous bonus dollars you earned? If so, it would seem that the bonus dollars are truly a better deal than rakeback on Full Tilt. Is this in fact the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not exactly sure what you are getting at??? But I think the simple answer is you are ALWAYS better off getting Rakeback + Bonus...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 AM

My understanding is that Full Tilt takes the bonus away if you have rakeback. I think other sites take a portion of the bonus away. Correct me if I am wrong. Furthermore, if you have already signed up for a real money account directly, without rakeback, then you can't get rakeback (there might be some way around this???).
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM

full tilt deducts 100% of the bonus from ur MGR, not ur rakeback payment...

so if ur MGR is 1k and the bonus deducts 600, u get 27% of 400 as ur rakeback and not 1K *.27 and then 600 subtracted off that...

if u already have a real money account on FTP, u can't get rakback on that account unless u sign up with a different name (i.e., family member)
Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 AM

I see. So the question I have remaining is this. You earned Full Tilt bonus dollars by using up Full Tilt points you accumulated, correct? (It cost you one Full Tilt point to earn $0.06.) Those bonus dollars now need to be "cleared" before they become real money in your account. How does that work exactly? Are you still earning new Full Tilt points (and thus essentially more bonus dollars) while clearing those previous bonus dollars you earned?

In other words, you have have converted Full Tilt points into bonus dollars. Do you have to use additional Full Tilt points to "clear" these bonus dollars and make them real money?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM

Are you talking about a bonus you buy with Iron Man Medals????I do not think you are and hope I did not open a nasty can of worms...

I think you understanding of how a bonus works is way off...Is this the initial sign-up bonus??? If yes..The bonus is released in $20 increments by what ever the clearing rate is...There is no using up of points...The points are how the bonus is released...ie sfter the bonus is released you will still have the points...