Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Bottom two counterfeit, how often do you bluff the river?

Ok, so this weekend I embarked on playin looser pre-flop. I had bottom two counterfeit 5 times. 4 times in position I just checked behind and threw my hands up in disgust.

The last time I was so sick of losing 300+ pots, I pushed and got a fold.

I started thinking about this and wondered if I could of picked up any of the first 4 pots with a river three pair bluff. How much of this is situation, opponent and read dependant?

I played bottom two very aggressively. Bet 3/4 to pot on the turn. Is this the way to go or should I slow down? Should I be trying to shut my opponents out at the flop? How about a turned second pair after just a call on the flop? What is the play? In position and out of position?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Bottom two counterfeit, how often do you bluff the river?

I think you are thinking about this the wrong way. This question does not depend on the fact that you had bottom 2 get counterfitted, it should be about the board, what you think the villian has, your image, their mimage, etc. It certainly shouldn't be about being tired of losing pots when you were ahead on the turn (although I could see it happening), but it might have been a good time because they had not seen you bet the river like that after betting the flop and the turn, or you coulld have gotten lucky.

Post some of the other hands with your thoughts on which ones would have been good to bluff the river after showing a lot of strength on the flop and turn, and people can respond if they think it was a good spot of for a bluff or not.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Bottom two counterfeit, how often do you bluff the river?

I'm going to get flamed for my hand selection. But this table was uber weak post flop and I played my button every hand, except the worse j2o type crap.

T4s. UTG raises 12, 6 to the flop.

AT6 two clubs. three checks, Mr. X weak tight bets 15(we both have 400+), I call, BB calls. I put BB on draw, and bettor on mediocre ace. He's shown a willingness to call down with weak TP holdings, I call hoping to make a lot if I hit a miracle.

Turn is the 4 of diamonds, presto. BB checks, Mr. X. bets 30, I make it 130. BB fold. Mr. X looks confused, after 40seconds of confusion he calls. And checks blind.

River is another 6. I am pissed check behind and say your ace is good. He turns over A8o.