Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Default NL2: Bottom set facing minraise and river bet on scaryish board

Villain is running 24/3/.9 over a limited hand history, about 50 hands. I have been running over the table after I slowrolled a flopped nut straight about thirty hands prior and stacked two people; I couldn't get anyone to call a preflop bet of over 3x, so I had loosened up my starting requirements a bit to steal more against the passive table. I believe I took down 15 of the 30 hands, most of them preflop or on a continuation bet.

Villain isn't aggressive postflop at all, and I've been mercilessly stealing from him. He could be playing back, but it's hard to say; he would limp KQ, from what I've seen. The only time I've seen him raise preflop, he was holding QQ+. Are you folding to the possibility of a higher set or the straight?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (3 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($3.38)
Button ($2.53)
SB ($0.77)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls $0.02, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.06) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.06</font>, Button calls $0.06, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.18) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.36</font>, Hero calls $0.18.

River: ($0.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero puts it in but isn't surprised if he loses? Or should he just call? (I assume he can't fold, can he?)
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: NL2: Bottom set facing minraise and river bet on scaryish board

Re-raise the turn, a min raise at these levels is generaly the sign of a very strong hand(or one the villain thinks is very strong). I'd make it .7 and call a shove.

Don't raise all in on the river, it's too big of an overbet, make it .7-.9 and call a shove.

From the way you're talking, i'm assuming you lost, so here's some advice:

Don't imagine monsters in the closet just because you got coolered a few times, for every time you lose your stack to a higher set (and you really should be losing your stack in most cases), you double up twice against someones overplayed TPK or top two.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: NL2: Bottom set facing minraise and river bet on scaryish board

This board is not scary... at all... The only hand that beat us are higher sets and KQ... You're way ahead even of villains calling range here, so raise the river, pot-sized.

As played, put in a PSR on the turn.