Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 07:25 PM

Default what do you guys usually do here?

standardish CO opens, you defend BB with KJo, flop is like 962 rainbow

how often do you:

c/r?
c/c?
c/f?
bet out?
and why?

how does it affect your play if the board is:

854 with a 2 flush?
A72r?
9T6r?
256 with a 2 flush?
Q63r?
etc, etc

whats the turn plan?
Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: what do you guys usually do here?

[ QUOTE ]

how often do you:

c/r?
c/c?
c/f?
bet out?
and why?

854 with a 2 flush?
A72r?
9T6r?
256 with a 2 flush?
Q63r?
etc, etc

whats the turn plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

854 with a 2 flush? check call
A72r? check call
9T6r? checkraise
256 with a 2 flush? check call
Q63r? check call
Old 06-16-2007, 09:33 PM

I will generally check-call if I have 2 overcards to the board and check-fold otherwise. I may have the best hand but calling and check-folding the turn feels dirty. I chalk it up to his position on me and let him have the small pot. The 9Tx board is a check-raise. I'm not big on bluffing at these small pots on the flop but I may bet the river UI if the turn gets checked through.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:14 PM

i dont cr KJ on this board vs most villains becuz all PP and usually 2 overs and sometimes from lags any A hi (esp those that turn a gutter) will go to the river. I think ck folding gives up way too much esp vs a button open.

I never bet out any hand here HU in the BB, leak or exploitable? not sure.

854 vs a tag i sometimes cr if i have a bdfd (mine as well have more equity on our randomizing plays rite?)

A72 i cr with ATC often vs many stealers who will fold QJ instantly and often PPs, if they ll showdown any PP esp on a flush board id usually ck call KJ hi since it has showdown value and the hands we are ahead of often give up after the flop.

T9x id often cr KJ

256 and Q63 i think are peels and fold the turn UI
Old 06-16-2007, 10:57 PM

854 two flush usually fold, sometimes c/r. I think it looks like you are peel/folding if you c/c so that's why I don't do it.

A72 c/c or c/r depends on what they do with different sorts of hands

T96 usually c/r sometimes c/c then c/r turn if they fire 2 barrels lots

256 sometimes c/c sometimes c/r depends on A high showdown possibility of villain and sneakiness

Q63 same as 256 but lean a bit toward c/r because I think we have better FE.

962 I'm not really sure. It's not as bad as the 458 imo but not as good as the 256.

If the villain is the type that is not aggravated by flop donks and actually plays semi fit or fold on the flop I will consider donking almost any flop with almost any cards. Most people are not like this and play like they are personally offended when you donk into them so donking flops randomly is not something I get to do often.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 AM

Nobody is 3betting PF? I don't do it all the time, but it can put this same sort of decision back on your opponent.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 AM

This seems like a decent board to occasionally c/r with air so I don't see what's wrong with c/r'ing when you might also have the best hand. I 3-bet pf a decent amount to.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:41 AM

962r: I'd check/call usually. I think you get too many loose calldowns on this board.
854 2 flush: Check/call. The board is too drawy, you'll get called down loose unless maybe a straight card falls off or something.
A72r: Usually check/call, I'm hoping villain gives up if we're good.
T96r: Usually check/raise. Board is a bit drawy, but I suspect it's worth getting aggressive with our equity.
256 2 flush: Check/call on these drawy boards.
Q63r: Check/raise usually, I much prefer getting aggro on these types of boards rather than the raggy drawy ones.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how often do you:

c/r?
c/c?
c/f?
bet out?
and why?

854 with a 2 flush?
A72r?
9T6r?
256 with a 2 flush?
Q63r?
etc, etc

whats the turn plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not gonna get into why I do what I do but I'll say this much. This is what I usually do with KJ on each of these flops:

962r: C/R, with the intention of B/F the turn UI and if called on the turn probably giving it up and C/F

854 with 2 flush: C/C with the intention of folding the turn UI, but I would strongly consider donking
if a 6 or 7 hits. If I donk/fold the turn on those cards and get called I would probably C/F the river UI.

A72r: C/F

T96r: C/R, with the intention of bet/calling a blank turn UI. If the river blanks off again I would probably bet again to get KQ/KJ to fold, atleast give Ax a decision, and to block bluffing attempts from QJ/J8,etc.

256 with a two flush: C/C with the intention of folding the turn UI and again I would strongly consider donking if a 3 or a 4 hits. If I donk/fold the turn and get called Im probably check/folding the river UI.

Q63r: C/R, with the intention of bet/folding the turn UI and check/folding the river UI.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM

It's odd that in the A72r board ILP advocates to check-fold, because it's the board with the second highest equity for us. I know that equity isn't everything, but...

And usually in a very dry A-high board, if the opponent doesn't have an ace, he is probably checking behind the turn, and we can see a free river card.

I also don't like checkraising in crap boards because people are usually going to call down light.

In the Q63r board everybody likes to checkraise. What percentage of the time aprox. you are checkraising? always? it depends on the opponent WTSD?