Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-24-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Re: What makes you annoying?

[ QUOTE ]

1.) I correct, arbitrarily, incorrect grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed this on the assumption that you were not meaning to say such a thing as "arbitrary faulty grammar" exists, since that would make absolutely no sense. (That is, incorrect grammar which also possesses the attribute of being arbitrary does not exist. Grammar is either correct or incorrect.)

That being the case, the sentence would flow better if a phrase similar to "I correct incorrect grammar arbitrarily" was used; however, "incorrect" should be replaced with a similarly descriptive adjective which is phonetically distinct, as "correct incorrect" sounds terrible with the two similar words next to one another.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 AM

I crack my knuckles all the time.
I whistle when I have a song stuck in my head, and I'll do this at the bank or the post office or the poker table or in line at Quiznos.
I post too much.
I snore.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I do with a large portion of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who do this always strike me as very very lame. i dont know if that makes me annoying or not
Old 11-24-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1.) I correct, arbitrarily, incorrect grammar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I changed this on the assumption that you were not meaning to say such a thing as "arbitrary faulty grammar" exists, since that would make absolutely no sense. (That is, incorrect grammar which also possesses the attribute of being arbitrary does not exist. Grammar is either correct or incorrect.)

That being the case, the sentence would flow better if a phrase similar to "I correct incorrect grammar arbitrarily" was used; however, "incorrect" should be replaced with a similarly descriptive adjective which is phonetically distinct, as "correct incorrect" sounds terrible with the two similar words next to one another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played, sir. I do have a counter argument, of course, but will save it because it will spark a long-winded exchange that amuses nobody but you and I -- much like most threads in Poker Legislation.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:41 PM

I'm pretty arrogant
Old 11-24-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well played, sir. I do have a counter argument, of course, but will save it because it will spark a long-winded exchange that amuses nobody but you and me -- much like most threads in Poker Legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well played, sir. I do have a counter argument, of course, but will save it because it will spark a long-winded exchange that amuses nobody but you and me -- much like most threads in Poker Legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, couldn't resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. That is annoying.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm always right.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where to start? I'm a cleptomaniac, alcoholic, I always think I'm right and try to act like I'm right even if I've just been proven horribly, horribly wrong, I think women are mostly for sex, occasionally for sleeping next to, and seldom, if ever, useful for talking to. I try to find ways to blame others for my own problems. I'm simultaneously very gullible, yet easily annoyed by gullible people. I'm occasionally a control freak, have slight OCD, am a snob in general, even though I'm relatively poor.

I love to rant, love to whine, etc. I enjoy a good soap box lecture (of my own doing), as a matter of fact, I would be more annoying, I bet, if people knew how constantly I went on soapbox rants in my head. Thank god I'm usually too tired or forgetful to say/type them all. Ah, I'm also pretty ball-less, when it comes down to it, so I probably wouldn't rant aloud in most cases.

I assume other people know what I'm thinking and are following the conversation in my head, even though, yet again, I get upset when others do the same thing.

I can be terribly selfish (if you hadn't already guessed that). I'll sometimes do little annoying things (for instance, pick at a girlfriend's fingernails) and forget that I'm doing it, and continue to do so until someone stops me (sometimes updwards of a half hour or more).

I flake out on friends constantly, I'm always at least 20 minutes late to everything, and I'm amazing when it comes to giving up on something. (this is why I can say 'cookie' in spanish, but not much else.. Also, I know how to ask where the bank is in French)

Oh yes, and at work, I hum/sing constantly and take my shoes off whenever I sit down for longer than 5 minutes. (Not saying my feet smell, I wash them regularly, but they might, and I could just be used to it, so it's hard to say.)

That's all I can think of that would make me annoying. Now, if this were a 'what makes you a bad person' thread, I'd need a few more pages.

But at least I don't point out grammatical mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleptomania is bad, mmkay
Old 11-24-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I do with a large portion of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who do this always strike me as very very lame. i dont know if that makes me annoying or not

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if* that makes you annoying or not either, but I am very very lame, so at least you're right this time.

*:someone arbitrarily correct this from 'if' to 'whether' pls