FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: A draw in a dry pot versus a bet

Shaun, I'm not hero in this hand,

Here is the complete hand for those interested,

I just wanted to comment it from BB's perspective
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 AM

Hi - I'm new here but have been reading for a long time - thought it was about time I started contributing!

As far as this hand is concerned gotta say I like the shove preflop, noone else has shown any strength - and like shaun said it's the perfect hand to isolate and (hopefully) win a 40/60 with. As played I would have called the flop, though I would not be putting the SB on something as bad as K5 (hate this SB call preflop - surely squeeze to isolate or fold?). If I had the read that the SB is calling with such junk and small betting a weak top pair then a shove is right if he is assumed to fold it as it reduce the chances of the all in player and button having a K meaning the 9 and T are live too.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM

I think this is a clear call for BB, and I don't like your flop lead. In a dry sidepot, you're really overrepping your hand. There aren't a ton of draws on the board, so I don't see much value to leading relative to concealing your hand a bit and keeping everyone's ranges wider on the turn. If you do lead, you should def fold to the shove. People don't often bluff at largely dry sidepots, and here there isn't even much to semibluff. But your call preflop is real bad, even with the dry SP analysis you are out of position with a [censored] hand, and the drawback of the DSP is that you don't have good implied odds either if you do make a flush. Just fold pre.