Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: OOP vs one of you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally hate to fold big pots hu on the river for one bet (because [censored] him, that's why...) (that should be my new undertitle...) but what can you possibly be beating on the river, unless he went all drunk and spazz with KQ/QQ/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much my thoughts on the river. It went check/bet/[censored]..........I'm not beating anything am I?........[censored]...........well, it's 15bb = call and he showed AK no diamond (I think).

I wouldn't have capped AK on this flop in position -- given that he did, I wondered afterwards how wide his range was.

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is the same. He's a multitabler though so he probably saw top pair top kicker + multiway + draws = raise. This should make you more likely to raise him on the turn, not call the river.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally hate to fold big pots hu on the river for one bet (because [censored] him, that's why...) (that should be my new undertitle...) but what can you possibly be beating on the river, unless he went all drunk and spazz with KQ/QQ/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why you wouldn't cap with AK on the flop? I think I would if I were in his position, but I am not very good.

Pretty much my thoughts on the river. It went check/bet/[censored]..........I'm not beating anything am I?........[censored]...........well, it's 15bb = call and he showed AK no diamond.

I wouldn't have capped AK on this flop in position -- given that he did, I wondered afterwards how wide his range was.

EDIT: also meant to say: If I'm villain here, hero is never ahead after that diamond on the turn. Maybe I'm not capping enough flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why you wouldn't cap with AK on the flop? I think I would if I were in his position, but I am not very good. What is your UTG raising range? And why wouldn't he think he has +Equity on the flop?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM

does anyone here cap the flop (not just this one, but any flop) with any kind of regularity? i almost always call the 3-bet to raise the turn, which seems superior unless up against a total maniac.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone here cap the flop (not just this one, but any flop) with any kind of regularity? i almost always call the 3-bet to raise the turn, which seems superior unless up against a total maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do
Old 10-23-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you wouldn't cap with AK on the flop? I think I would if I were in his position, but I am not very good. What is your UTG raising range? And why wouldn't he think he has +Equity on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, if I want an extra bet to go in, I'd rather raise the turn than cap the flop.

Villain capped preflop and hero check-3bet the flop which is pretty strong; it probably means a made hand > TPTK or a strong draw. Since villain has position, in his place I'd probably want to see the turn and try to figure out what do from there.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 disadvantages to waiting for the turn: 1) a scare card on the turn can freeze up your opponent and kill your action; 2) you lose value vs an opponent who loves his second best hand.

That being said, I still wait for the turn to raise a lot (too much probably).
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Thank you for your reationale. I missed the check/3-bet on the flop. Yup, if I was villian I would have just called the flop as well. Lesson here is as usual: RTFP (Read THE F&%*in POST).
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i do

[/ QUOTE ]

TPTK 4 way on a drawy board? Captown, South Africa.