Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Default .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tight?

After reviewing some of my sessions i realised that my biggest problems are that im valuebetting in the wrong places and not valuebetting enough.

I dont have any other reads than the few hands pokertracker recorded. As CO seemed taggish i would put him on PP's 77+. A8s+ A10o+ Kjo+ kjs+ qj as his opening standards (to tight?). As played i would put him on 77+ Ato+ Ats+, and maybe overcards on the turn.

UTG is LP 50/3/.4/40
CO is taggish 20/13/1.8/80

As played is my hand strong enough to c/r the turn, or should i donk it myself (as c/r might lead to a 3-bet). Should i donk or c/c the river (i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draws) ?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#red">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.4SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.7BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.7BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.7BB
Old 06-02-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tig

terrible

either b/3bet or c/r the turn

as played bet the river
Old 06-02-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draw

[/ QUOTE ]

the only draw it comletes is AK/KQ which you can beat and which means you will get paid off. what hand were you scared of exactly?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:37 PM

raise turn.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:42 PM

My main question is, why would you call the flop if when you improved you were just going to call?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:49 PM

yeah, if you cant find a way to get more bets into this pot on the turn and river then you shouldnt be seeing the turn and river. when you actually turn an hand you gotta get value for it to make up for all the times that you dont. check call on the turn is the worst of the lines that doesnt involve folding.

as played, I'd donk the river.

basically so not standard. reviewing is good but keep at it and continue to get better.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: .25/.50 6-max 54s in the big blind! painfully standard or weak tight?

[ QUOTE ]
painfully standard or weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Split the difference and call it painfully weak. Seriously, looking at this made my balls ache.

[ QUOTE ]
As played is my hand strong enough to c/r the turn, or should i donk it myself (as c/r might lead to a 3-bet).

[/ QUOTE ]
And?? Your hand is all but unbeatable; the only thing in a PFR's range that has you beat is TT. I would love to be three-bet here. You made a semi-thin call on the flop in order to hit this exact card, then you hit it and go all wobbly on us because you're afraid you might be reraised by a hand which is almost certainly drawing to 2-3 outs. Then you don't bet the river because it completes draws? Which ones? The only hand that possibly helps is KT.

The "bet" and "raise" buttons are your friends. Do not be scared of them.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i prefer c/c because of the K, as it might be completing som draw

[/ QUOTE ]

the only draw it comletes is AK/KQ which you can beat and which means you will get paid off. what hand were you scared of exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont know, thats why i put the hand out there.. to get corrected [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i am often to weak tight against tags, being a bit afraid of them, and this is a part of me getting better and getting some more value out of my hands!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:46 AM

weak refers to a high propensity to folding postflop

tight refers to the amount of hands you play preflop

what you are is overly 'passive'... not nitting it, just so you know cause you appear new.

in any hand, try to give your opponents a range, then act on it accordingly. here, you give your opponents a range, then when the K hits you say you are scared despite the fact that you are ahead of every single hand in their range.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 AM

Yeah youre right i was passive in this hand...

you are completely right. That was why i wanted it out here, because i am not valuebetting enough when im ahead, (and sometimes valuebet when im pretty much behind. Meh!)

i suck in many postflop situation especially river situations (that is why i started playing some 6 max, to attend my postflop problems, and learn to get some reads and hand ranges on my opponents. Now i just need to implement it [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).