Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Madden Improvements

I don't know how many other people play Madden here, but there are still a couple of things that bug me a lot about Madden.

-The kicking game has to be fixed. Every kickoff can be kicked through the endzone with every kicker, and you can easily make a 60-63 yard FG with almost any kicker in the game.

-No vision field at all for Defensive backs. Here is the example I am talking about. I had 4-wide, 2 to the left, 2 to the right. Outside receiver is running a streak, slot receiver is running an out. Defense is in man coverage. At point A, Defensive back turns his back to run with his receiver. When Defensive back is at point B, I throw the ball to the slot receiver who beat his man at the break. The Defensive back who had his back turned turns around, steps in front of the out route, and picks the ball off.

Also, make highlight stick less powerful. Whenever there is a runningback one on one with a cornerback in the flat, the RB breaks the tackle almost 100% if the user uses highlight stick properly.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Madden Improvements

Yeah, fixing the db vision should be the number 1 priority. It pretty much kills intermediate routes since you can't throw timing routes since defensive backs break on the ball just as well if not better than receivers. Same thing in NCAA, way too many linebackers just making ridiculous plays running with a tight end and then being able to turn, find the ball, and then make a leaping interception even though they were a step behind and had their back turned to the qb.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 PM

I agree with the second thing big time.

I'm also not 100% sure about it but it often seems like the DBs also move too quickly relative to the speed of the ball. I often have deep passes at the sideline broken up by a safety who was in the middle of the field when I release the pass. Even if they started as soon as it was released I don't think in reality they could cover that much ground while the ball is in the air. I don't think the receiver and corner even run that far.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM

One more thing. Punt coverage is absolutely awful. If you setup PR Middle and make the first guy miss, it's an easy 20 yards more after that. I don't know exactly what makes it unrealistic, but it should be fixed.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Does the CPU kicker still never miss? I didn't buy this year's version.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 PM

They need to change a lot to make me buy it in the future

1) Have an option in Superstar mode where you ONLY play the plays where your superstar is on the field.... simulate through the rest

Seriously, I would buy the game 100% with just this fix... I want it to be more realistic in my progression as an NFL player and if I"m a DB, there's a reason I decided to be a DB... I don't want to play offense (ldo). Model it after MLB The Show.

2) As mentioned, the passing game is absurd

- DBs have a pass trigger and when the ball is released they automatically know EXACTLY where it is going. Period.

- Reward timing routes better... for gosh sakes no matter if I time a route PERFECTLY, the DB makes the necessary adjustment

I mean, in general, receivers have the advantage of knowing where the ball should be thrown, the defense shouldn't

3) As mentioned, kicking is teh suck

I draft in a fantasy draft the kicker last

Training Camp+One Season = 90 rating easy

I think it should be a multibutton combo type thing, maybe like a Dance Revolution where the more accurate you are with the pattern the more accurate your kick is.... and the button combo is random and harder from farther away

4) I don't like the running system much anymore, and it 176% rewards finesse runners over backs like Stephen Jackson

I mean, Jackson is a top 5 RB easy, but you CANNOT use him in Madden. He gets the handoff, and due to him not being a 95 speed guy he gets wrapped up by 3 guys before you can do anything

I mean, there are exceptions obviously, but, this is how I feel

5) MORE PENALTIES: I know this is a weird request, but seriously the penalty system has been the same for like 10 years.... make more random penalties and make it more realistic, it's not a difficult request. I know it doesn't seem fun to have a random defensive holding call when you hold them on 3rd down, but how do you think Tom Coughlin feels?

I don't know, I didn't buy 2008 after reading reviews that nothing really changed or got better, and in order to buy 2009, I need some kind of improvement in the gameplay in general... it's been the same product for years

Theres my laundry list
Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 PM

Nez,

I don't know what system you have, but Madden 08 for 360 gives me the option of just playing the plays my Superstar is in for. I never do anything else in that mode.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nez,

I don't know what system you have, but Madden 08 for 360 gives me the option of just playing the plays my Superstar is in for. I never do anything else in that mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schat??? Really??

Maybe I need to buy 2008 then
Old 11-18-2007, 11:22 PM

definitely the fact that DBs are all over the place needs to be fixed... so many times i throw a pick on the route in the OP because they have eyes in the back of their heads.

i also hate that a quarterback is slower than every player on the field unless he is michael vick, why can i not at least outrun a DT? an example of this would be tony romo, he cannot scramble at all though he is clearly able to irl.

i also hate that a reciever with a size advantage 1 on 1 with a safety cant catch a deep pass if it happens to be a jump ball.

fwiw i have more success with power backs than quick ones but that could be a playing style.

i also hate that sometimes a D-lineman breaks through the line so fast that you cant hand the ball of on a running play... when has that ever happened?

and there are way too many fumbles. there is at least one almost every game, and they are often retarded and the ball carrier isnt even hit hard. an example of this would be on a kickoff and the ball carrier runs into a defensive player and the ball pops out. that tilts me hard.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 AM

Got another one. The offense never catches tipped balls, but the defense can bat it around between each other until one of them picks it off.