Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
Does every thread on 2p2 have to be derailed by complete and total idiocy?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, given that the vast majority of posters are complete and total idiots, yes.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize professional hitmen missed on 50% of their shots and went for the groin/thigh area.

This is a sad moment, because all evidence points to Sean Taylor having really grown up and matured over the last year or so, and had gone far from the knucklehead days of his earliest NFL career.

But there is no evidence pointing to a "professional hit" at all, and no evidence contradicting anything the girlfriend is reported to have said, and any wild ass speculation is, at this point, complete and total conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a professional hitman was necessarily involved. In fact, it's much more likely to be people he knew, maybe an old member of his posse before he actually grew up. Some of those guys don't take rejection lightly.

The fact is that when somebody breaks into your house, takes nothing or at least not much ("rifling through drawers"? meh) and leaves a knife on the bed, we aren't talking about a robbery. The guy coming back and shooting him is just confirmation at this point - he likely already knew he was in some serious trouble. If anything, the sad part is that because he was already on probation for gun charges, he couldn't really defend himself and, I guess, didn't have enough security around him to make up for it.

Anyway, enough about this; I'm sorry the guy's dead and it's a sad day for the NFL/fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude,
That is such wild and unnecessary speculation and frankly, stereotyping. Because he was young, black, rich he must have had members of his posse who wanted a piece. He grew up in a middle class family in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father. He wasnt a gangbanger that got lifted out by his athletic abilities. By all accounts it sounds as if Sean was a nice and humble young man. I really hope I am taking your post wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
From the Miami Herald story:
[ QUOTE ]
Taylor's cousin, Florida State University safety Anthony Leon, said Taylor was trying to shed some troublemaking friends he had grown up with. Leon, who said he spent his morning crying and praying in his dorm room, said Taylor had ``started to calm down.''

''He's been trying to stay away from bad company -- especially for his daughter's sake,'' Leon said. ``Sean wasn't a bad guy at all. He's got his personality on the football field and off it. All he was trying to do was protect his family. And they shot him.''

[/ QUOTE ]

So we can maybe say he wasn't always hanging out with the best crowd?

Adanthar didn't say anything about race or gangbanging. Read the [censored] post before you go throw out accusations like that.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:50 PM

hasgdakjgdshasd ESPN

Rome: "ultimately, your lifestyle becomes your deathstyle"
Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy is a [censored] douchebag, and has been for years. i have always found him to be an obnoxious prick. ever since he called Jim Everett "Chris", it has been clear he is just a jackass.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM

wow, what a [censored] tool if he said that...i don't think he's as much a douche as others have said him to be, but wow
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dude,
That is such wild and unnecessary speculation and frankly, stereotyping. Because he was young, black, rich he must have had members of his posse who wanted a piece. He grew up in a middle class family in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father. He wasnt a gangbanger that got lifted out by his athletic abilities. By all accounts it sounds as if Sean was a nice and humble young man. I really hope I am taking your post wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the breaking in and leaving the knife. What the [censored] is up with that? Also, from what a fair number of people who are more connected to Taylor than us have said or implied, I don't think it's just stereotyping. It's also not like growing up middle class in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father precludes you from falling in with bad dudes once you get a little older, more famous and a lot richer. Even if he was involved with questionable guys, it's not like it means you can't feel bad for him getting shot.

I think adanthar's comments are right on. For those of you saying "hitmen wouldn't shoot the leg," imagine if instead they were just trying to injure his livelihood, which seems very plausible to me.

EDIT: I see Jorge10 mentioned a ton of this stuff upthread, sorry for the repeat.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Fatally Shot at Home - Deceased

R.I.P Sean Taylor [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Fatally Shot at Home - Deceased

Haven't read the thread, just heard the news on ESPN. This is really sad, he was only 24 too. My prayers are with his family and friends right now.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain the breaking in and leaving the knife. What the [censored] is up with that? Also, from what a fair number of people who are more connected to Taylor than us have said or implied, I don't think it's just stereotyping. It's also not like growing up middle class in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father precludes you from falling in with bad dudes once you get a little older, more famous and a lot richer. Even if he was involved with questionable guys, it's not like it means you can't feel bad for him getting shot.

I think adanthar's comments are right on. For those of you saying "hitmen wouldn't shoot the leg," imagine if instead they were just trying to injure his livelihood, which seems very plausible to me.

EDIT: I see Jorge10 mentioned a ton of this stuff upthread, sorry for the repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I talked to adanthar on im, i misunderstood him.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hasgdakjgdshasd ESPN

[/ QUOTE ]VERY blunt, too soon, but ultimately true. Some times the truth can be harsh. Sad event nontheless.