Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Default 2.5/5 Turned top pair in RRed pot vs. SILLYGOOSER w/ HUGE donk in hand

I haven't been playing with SILLYGOOSER much in the past few months, but I think his style has become much more LAG since he's started playing $5/$10. I know that he's capable of very big (and oftentimes very spewy) bluffs. He's also capable of slowplaying at times that really don't call for slowplays. He seems to prefer attacking regulars than fish at the table.

SILLYGOOSER hasn't been at the table for all that long, maybe 20 hands or so, so I don't know how much he knows about the big donk. EDIT: I forgot to add, one of the reasons the turn is a tough decision is because if he HAS realized the big donk's tendencies, then he can (and probably should) easily check here expecting the big donk to bet nearly always.

The big donk: This guy is basically the MSNL dream. He's totally INSANE, and tries bluffing at everything, and sometimes turns his semi-legitimate hands into bluffs. He's been running at 84%/16%/10.3 over 38 hands. He's unbluffable, and from what I've seen so far it's more profitable to let him bluff his chips away than to be the aggressor. I do not know if SILLYGOOSER has noticed this yet. He loves being the aggressor postflop, and donks constantly.

Preflop: What's better here, a call or a re-raise? SILLYGOOSER opened 5xBB (I actually just noticed this, at the time I didn't see that, I just thought it was a regular open). BB is a fish, but the BTN and SB are both pretty aggro TAGs.
Flop: Considering how aggressive the big donk is, I believe a check here is standard.
Turn: ???

Full Tilt Poker, $2.50/$5 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $1,685
doc355 (BTN): $864.80
CCUUURRSE (SB): $1,025.50
deity19 (BB): $182.80
SILLYGOOSER (UTG): $962.80
Big donk (MP): $1,240.10

scubby8172 posts $2.50
scubby8172 posts $5
Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">SILLYGOOSER raises to $25</font>, Big donk calls $20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $110</font>, 3 folds, SILLYGOOSER calls $85, Big donk calls $85

Flop: ($337.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SILLYGOOSER checks, Big donk checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($337.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] (3 Players)
SILLYGOOSER checks, <font color="red">Big donk bets $180</font>, Hero calls $180, <font color="red">SILLYGOOSER raises to $852.80 and is All-In</font>, Big donk folds, Hero...?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: 2.5/5 Turned top pair in RRed pot vs. SILLYGOOSER w/ HUGE donk in

Flop check is fine. I fold on the turn... I'm pretty sure he has AJ beat here...
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM

i think this comes down to how sillgooser views the donk, i.e. if he views him the same was as you do. makes this tough since you don't know that but i don't think he is bluffing here since your hand looks exactly like AQ-AJ imo
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM

also, how do you think SILLYGOOSER plays AK, KK, AQ preflop with the deep stacks?