Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life

Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Bringing alcohol home

So yea in college alcohol is everywhere, but when I go home I have very few connections and I would like to throw some parties. Here its so easy to find someone over 21 to buy you whatever you want, but I don't have that luxury at home.

Then someone proposed to me that I just buy some here and take it back home in my non carry on luggage. I've ran it by a couple of people and their responses vary from "Oh yea it shouldn't be a problem since you're not bringing anything illegal back home" to "Dude you're screwed if you get caught with that and they scan everything".

I don't really know what to believe so I'm asking for thoughts here.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Bringing alcohol home

if you're flying, just make sure it's not glass bottles because they will burst... some kind of air pressure thing.

and i'm not sure, but airports probably aren't that concerned with alcohol in the cargo area... so you'll probably be alright. if you do get caught, i don't think it would be a big deal.

don't call me if you end up in jail.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:35 AM

Check it. I don't think it matters as the only times your age is verified (to my knowledge) is when they check your ID to see who you are at check in and going through security. At check in they won't know there's alcohol in your bag, at security you don't have your bag.

Worst case scenario, if you got 'caught' somehow, just tell them it's a present for your father that you had your buddy buy you and you didn't know it was a problem. This won't happen though.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if you're flying, just make sure it's not glass bottles because they will burst... some kind of air pressure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

Put it in your checked luggage, it's fine.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:13 AM

Yea, I thought the airlines wouldn't give a [censored] once you're in and nothing illegal is in your checked in luggage. But my paranoid brain was thinking that once they found it they would verify I was of age or something. I guess if I'm still worried about it I could put it in a water bottle or some other disguise.

Also I've never heard of the glass bottles shattering, is that true?? I thought people brought back wine from other countries.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1189.shtm
Just reading this makes me wonder if its a sorta "we don't really check if you're bringing everclear but if you get caught with it you're screwed" or if they actually screen your things
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, wouldn't the business that sells liquor bottles in the terminals not exist if that were true?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM

a couple solutions, depending on how desperate you are:
buy gatorade and food coloring. dump the gatorade. add food coloring to clear alcohol. use krazy glue to repair the seal

if youre REALLY paranoid: same thing but drill a hole in the bottom of the gatorade bottle where the plastic has the thickness. use a hot glue gun to replace the hole.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a couple solutions, depending on how desperate you are:
buy gatorade and food coloring. dump the gatorade. add food coloring to clear alcohol. use krazy glue to repair the seal

if youre REALLY paranoid: same thing but drill a hole in the bottom of the gatorade bottle where the plastic has the thickness. use a hot glue gun to replace the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome. definitely do this.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, wouldn't the business that sells liquor bottles in the terminals not exist if that were true?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because you don't understand the conspiracy. They "sell" you the bottles in the airport and you put them in the overhead bin thinking they're safe. But there are actually little tunnels running behind the bins. So when you land at your destination the plane is immediately met by a truck with the bottles of alcohol that you've ordered. Then the plane taxis awhile with you stuck in your seat with the seatbelt fastened. Midgets crawl throughout the tunnel replacing your fake bottles with your real alcohol. When they're done they give the all-clear sign to the pilot (usually by giving them a blow job) and the pilot heads to the terminal.

Now you know the truth and can't unlearn the truth. Midgets' Rights!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

don't call me because i'm in the looney bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP