Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

View Poll Results: Flop Action
Bet 14 87.50%
Check 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Pick the \"next gen\" console I should purchase

Currently, I have decided against the Wii. A friend of mine about 10 feet away has one. No need for my own.

So, I narrowed it down to the XBox 360 or the PS3. I checked things out and to me it is way too close to call. The game selection for the 360 looks better than the PS3 for now, but the PS3 seems to have some good games on the horizon. The soon to be released 40 GB PS3 will be $400 and the 360 Pro/Premium and Elite packages are around the same price.

So, that means I will let the 2+2 community choose which console I should purchase as a tie breaker for my indecisiveness.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Pick the \"next gen\" console I should purchase

This decision cannot be made off the info given. A search (or just looking a prev posts in the last month) will turn up a lot of arguments for both. It all comes down to what games you like, how much $$$ you can spend right away on a system, and what features you want for the system.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM

Definitely true, ace. My original theory is that the 360 is best now, but that the PS3 will catch up in the future. So, the question is whether I'm willing to sacrifice short-run success and satisfaction for the long run success of the PS3. The FF games and MGS 4 are hard to pass up if I get a 360.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely true, ace. My original theory is that the 360 is best now, but that the PS3 will catch up in the future. So, the question is whether I'm willing to sacrifice short-run success and satisfaction for the long run success of the PS3. The FF games and MGS 4 are hard to pass up if I get a 360.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is honestly the smartest post I've heard regarding this. IMO I think it's far too soon to tell the fate of the PS3. I mean it's been on the market for about a year and the games that sold the PS2 haven't come out yet, but are expected in the next year. I love both the FF series (except 12 which was the only one I lost interest in, too much like a MMORPG) and the MGS franchise, so I couldn't be w/out the PS3. On the same note I didn't want to miss out on Halo 3 or (hopefully) KOTOR3.

Right now there are a lot of games for the 360, just not a whole lot that I can submerge myself into. For the PS3 there are even fewer. Since I had the $$ I invested in both, but until Halo came out there wasn't a single game I 'had to have' on the 360 that wasn't also on the PS3. But I think I have ridiculous game expectations that only a few games can attain FWIW.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is honestly the smartest post I've heard regarding this. IMO I think it's far too soon to tell the fate of the PS3. I mean it's been on the market for about a year and the games that sold the PS2 haven't come out yet, but are expected in the next year. I love both the FF series (except 12 which was the only one I lost interest in, too much like a MMORPG) and the MGS franchise, so I couldn't be w/out the PS3. On the same note I didn't want to miss out on Halo 3 or (hopefully) KOTOR3.

Right now there are a lot of games for the 360, just not a whole lot that I can submerge myself into. For the PS3 there are even fewer. Since I had the $$ I invested in both, but until Halo came out there wasn't a single game I 'had to have' on the 360 that wasn't also on the PS3. But I think I have ridiculous game expectations that only a few games can attain FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree
right now the PS3 will come nowhere close to bringing me the same enjoyment as my 360 does, but I expect that to change (while hopefully becoming more affordable at the same time)
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Are you going to be using online (a lot of multi player? )? If so i think 360 should be your first choice.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:37 PM

360 ainec
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM

lol @ this poll
Old 10-19-2007, 09:00 PM

Ignoring non gaming features, I think it mainly comes down to what type of games do you like. For me I prefer the japanese games and FF13/versus and MGS/online are must haves. If you are a fan of Halo, 360 looks appealing, although Haze looks like it could be comparable.

The only upcoming exclusive for 360 that I'm personally interested in is Mass Effect. I suspect like most xbox games it will come to PC at a later date and I'll probably get it then.

If features like Blu-ray, free internet service, and Home are important to you, then PS3 looks appealing unless you prefer the 360 game lineup.

Keep in mind most people will vote for the system they own, so look at the game lineups and make your own mind up.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 PM

Right now PS3 doesn't make much sense as other posters have pointed out. Long term it definitely can be. I take now >>> future, knowing the future is unknown while I already know what the 360 really has to offer.