Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Default FTP Answers 10/15

So, turns out I'm not dead. It's been so long (sorry about that!) I'm just going to start fresh from the "Is Doug dead" thread, and then next time answer whatever pops up in this thread.

1. bring back the 20+2 90 man double stack sngs... the 180 man 24+2 sngs rarely start (and they aren't really the same type anyway)

- Maybe. We're still giving them some time to catch on. Other than the slow fill up time, is there something in particular you don't like about the 180 man?

2. change the daily double 10+2 to a 11+2 and allow you to buy in to both with one $26 token...

- Would if I could. The system doesn't allow buying into multiple events with one token. I agree that would be cool, though.

3. add more sng sats to the bigger daily tourneys that aren't turbos...

- This is the first request I've seen for this. I'll ask the guy who does this how big a deal it would be. It's probably worth seeing how well they do, anyway. So I guess you got one "definitely maybe" out of your three questions.

4. GIVE ME RAKEBACK!!!!

- We're going to try something new. I'm going to start collecting the names of people who aren't playing on FTP because they don't have rakeback. If and when we come up with a possible solution to this issue, I will notify those people. So, if this is you, email or PM me with your FTP account name and I'll keep a list going. IMPORTANT NOTE: Chances are good nothing will happen for a while, if ever.

5. Don't make somebody red line pro if nobody knows who they are?

- Okay.

6. create a version that does not allow for resizeable tables, thereby making it possible to multitable and use pahud without suffering through intolerable levels of lag

- This isn't going to happen. What is happening, however, is a project to get performance levels not just to where they were before resizable tables, but much better than that. It's a really big project that probably won't be ready until early 2008, but it's one of our top priorities at the moment.

7. Why does FTP take up more bandwidth than any other poker client?

- This is one of the other high priority projects that has taken over our development time lately (to the chagrin of T$ fans everywhere), and we should be seeing some nice bandwidth related improvements in the next update (currently scheduled for early November).

8. I want T$ already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Me too! I've been assured that it will get the attention it deserves in early 2008. Sorry for the constant delays, but those stability and performance projects took over (and continue to take over) our world. Hopefully most people will agree that it's a good tradeoff.

9. Put 30" monitors in the FTP store.

- I'll ask.

10. Allow conversion of FT points to FT medals.

- Probably not going to happen. The Iron Man store is meant to offer items that the regular store doesn't. If we allowed the conversion from regular points to Iron Man medals, that takes away that aspect of the promotion.

Doug
Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 10/15

Re: Software performance levels

Can this be rolled out incrementally at all? I'm using a 3-year old laptop that was fine and dandy for multitabling FTP before resizeable tables came along. Now it's costing me money and your response is wait for some nebulous release date in 2008 or buy a new computer to save a few months of agony and/or lag-related monetary loss. I find it a little silly to get a new computer solely for poker especially if my current machine will end up being just fine when the "big project" is done. How about several "small" performance upgrades? (Is it really a rewrite of the entire software package?)

Edit: By the way, thanks for returning and continuing your Q&A series.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

Doug bring back the old lobby with all the filters.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM

Please add heads up PLO8 cash games.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Are bugs that are reported on the FTP website ever responded to? I reported one a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Get the new Ipods for the store
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 PM

ETA for serving Euro customers electronics from the FTP store?

Auto-reload or failing this some ability that makes it easier not to miss one of your blinds right after you get stacked (this tilting you further). Auto-reload obviously better.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

10. Allow conversion of FT points to FT medals.

- Probably not going to happen. The Iron Man store is meant to offer items that the regular store doesn't. If we allowed the conversion from regular points to Iron Man medals, that takes away that aspect of the promotion.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is not allowed, could there be a seperate way to buy $26 tokens with FT points?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get the new Ipods for the store

[/ QUOTE ]

aaaww, heck, just add more cool stuff to the store [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Woot thanks for th thread and updates.

On a side not to $T it wouldn't be to bad to see the prices drop in the store when the items start to devalue. Like the 24" moniter is a cost of around 900ish to the MGR and 300ish to us when you can buy it from many spots for 650 or less new. Dell.com but obviously not as important is fixing lag issues for others or $T.