Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 10-09-2007, 04:21 PM

Default $114 really weird hand vs Poker_in_PB

Ok never seen(or paid attention to the fact that he did) pb do this before, I have to assume its a big hand but small chance its just cause he's really goofy hence the VERY marginal flop peel, when turn checks through I'm REALLY confused, deciding to attempt a river bluff, thoughts?

[note I just realized my river bet sizing sucks, carry on though]

My basic read on P_i_pb: is a bastard obv, but big multitabling sng tag with some goofy spots/ranges that ive noticed.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO (t1970)
Button (t2035)
SB (t1530)
Hero (t2160)
UTG (t2310)
MP (t3495)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t200, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t625) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t200</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t200.

Turn: (t1025) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (t1025) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t500</font>.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: $114 really weird hand vs Poker_in_PB

WTF? This wins some kind of prize for over-thinking. You have AK and 10BB. You aren't even in position and there's dead money. You simply do not care what poker_in_pb has at this point unless you have a note that he has done this several times with KK+, and only with KK+. In that case I don't know. I don't even think that kind of read is possible.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM

OOP why not shove vs a MP limper (even if he is a tag reg). If you think he has KK/AA/QQ, why peel the flop dead or almost dead?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? This wins some kind of prize for over-thinking. You have AK and 10BB. You aren't even in position and there's dead money. You simply do not care what poker_in_pb has at this point unless you have a note that he has done this several times with KK+, and only with KK+. In that case I don't know. I don't even think that kind of read is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is his limping range here then? Have you ever seen him limp in this type of situation cause my stats have him at like 12/10.5 or something doesnt really leave room for him limping alot of marginal hands, I think its pretty suspect to just say "AK? I shove" when we have a player who just isnt likely at all to be limping wide, and more probably is limping a narrow range.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OOP why not shove vs a MP limper (even if he is a tag reg). If you think he has KK/AA/QQ, why peel the flop dead or almost dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not 100% that he has that and I wanted to be able to find out without necessarily committing my stack, cause he'll often give up the turn if it is light, but yeah I dont really like it that much either.

EDIT: yeah I think I agree that I should just shove pre at least 1 time vs this, make a note if he has QQ+, I guess I dont like shoving when I feel Im no good in a vacuum.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM

I played with him alot when he used to play 27's and he always showed down QQ+ here. And somehow always got paid off too.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with him alot when he used to play 27's and he always showed down QQ+ here. And somehow always got paid off too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the record is intact he called river and had KK.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:09 PM

I don't care if he had KK this is certainly a push preflop.

Ryan
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Why did you bet the river? If your read is correct and he has a strong hand, check/fold or may be check/call the river. If your read is incorrect and he might have some thing like 88, you should be shoving pre.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if he had KK this is certainly a push preflop.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]