Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 PM

Default A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime)

Villian is WhinniePie. Seems like a straightforward TAG, I had him as super nitty for a long time, now that is probably only sometimes true.

We don't really have any respect for each other's game.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

ae [censored] jones ($2272.50)
Button ($1063)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $110</font>, Button calls $80.

Flop: ($220) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones bets $135</font>, Button calls $135.

Turn: ($490) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, Button checks.

River: ($490) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

What are you donks doing on the river?

Next two hands are about 30 minutes later, I'm getting the best of him, he says I'm just running hot obv (how else could someone like me win).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

ae [censored] jones ($3543)
Button ($990)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, ae [censored] jones calls $20.

Flop: ($60) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $155</font>, Button calls $115.

Turn: ($370) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
ae [censored] jones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $330</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $860</font>

Literally, the next hand (obv he folded in the one above but I'm still curious-ish on the line).

ae [censored] jones ($4057.50)
BB ($1000)

Preflop: ae [censored] jones is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones raises to $30</font>, BB calls $20.

Flop: ($60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">ae [censored] jones bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $160</font>, ae [censored] jones calls $100.

Turn: ($380) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, ae [censored] jones checks.

River: ($380) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $300</font>

?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: A few heads up hands, beautifully awkward! (with possible sexytime

1. bet for sure, seems like he would check behind anything you beat besides a flush, and he'll j ust call a bet with a flush anyways.

2. good line to have vs. aggressive opponents on that flop.

3. fold river if you don't think folding flop is good which i agree with.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 PM

1.) $377
2.) love it
3.) call
Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM

gotta bet hand 1.

i love the line in hand 2 bc hes probably floating that flop with a lot.

i fold the 3rd one. You've let him know that you have showdown value by checking the turn, so theres no reason that he should think you're folding to a river bet...unless you have him on complete tilt and he just bets when you check...

yea, i still fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:22 PM

paster, what range do you put him on that bets the river like that in H3? its soooo small considering he c/red A26r (when we have a 6) flop and he didnt rr pf. it kind of eliminates good aces and 66. if i had to guess id be most afraid of 67, 35, 44 or some [censored].
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 PM

ya hand 3 is an ez call after learnin a bit of hand reading from duck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 08:25 PM

yeah hand 3 is a call his range of real hands there is really small...i'm a fish at thinking logically
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM

lets all tell jfish how good he is at calling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
paster, what range do you put him on that bets the river like that in H3? its soooo small considering he c/red A26r (when we have a 6) flop and he didnt rr pf. it kind of eliminates good aces and 66. if i had to guess id be most afraid of 67, 35, 44 or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

ive seen people play any A like this before... usually when i've been c/r them a lot bc if im c/r then they want to c/r too.

I dont hate a call just for the pwnage factor, but im sure you see A8/A9 type stuff a bunch too.

And all those hands you just posted also are legit.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 PM

Hand 1 You have to bet... you have the best hand like always but he's checking back the river a ton.

Hand 2: Flop/PF are good. Turn... its not something I would do often which doesn't make it bad... I guess it depends on how often he bets his fds when you check. I think he will bet them pretty often because he expects you to fold a lot and doesn't want you to showdown q high or something.

Hand 3: Fold...He can def show up with ax here and it just doesnt seem like a spot a standard tag would bluff often.