Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

Relying on Tebow too much is a way to get that guy hurt. I mean, it's something to think about. He might have had a nagging injury that the coaches didn't want to aggravate.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but there are levels to what is going on down there that we as fans don't get to witness.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:14 AM

Are you talking about in general or on the last drive? Obviously they used Tebow too much but it did wear down the defense like it was supposed to. Moore has been fine at RB but I guess Urban doesn't trust him or something. Regardless, Dan Mullen got totally outcoached & then when he should actually utilize Tebow runs he goes away from it with a screen(OK, acceptable) & then an option.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 AM

Kind of OT but I think it's a 50/50 shot on us swinging Dee Finley back our way.. would be huge for us as Bama is really killing us in-state this year and we could use some momentum in recruiting.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 AM

BTW, how does it feel to have Lou Holtz as one of your senators now?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 AM

I thought the play calling by Meyer and his staff was ridiculously bad. And Im not talking about just on offense. Strong should've gone after Cox a lot more than he did. It pains me to say this, but Tubbs outcoached Meyer. Anyhow, Im literally sick to my stomach after this game, but good game Tigers.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind that Auburn is talking [censored] but they should probably realize it was their Bama friends doing it as usual, not one of the 3-4 Gator fans.

Also, doing a chomp is 15 yards for UF in each of their past 2 games but not when Auburn is in our house, so any calls that went our way are pretty much negated by that nonsense. SEC refs do an OK job they just are so inconsistent on the rule base.

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted the dejected bama player rather than a dejected UF player for a reason man (cuz [censored] bama thats why tbh) and you know i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you. i only quoted your post b/c it was the first one i saw mentioning both games in the same post.

just beat LSU plz and maybe we can have a rematch in ATL.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] auburn

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has lost at least 5 of the last 5 against Auburn

[x]Bama

[/ QUOTE ]

last time alabama beat auburn was before i had a driver's license and now im a college graduate. lol

(fixed my [censored] talking for TFG)
Old 09-30-2007, 02:49 AM

fk me

Coaching was awful

the 20 penalties/game is ridiculous

sigh

Lets just ignore andre caldwell and CI! egqwergeqrgeqhtrewhwryj
Old 09-30-2007, 02:55 AM

okay, sorry i started that f-auburn thing. just reminded me of last years loss and god that makes me angry.

tonight's game really made me angry. why run tebow every down when we are getting killed in the trenches?

wtf?

CI had some nice completions, but in general, our offense really needs to start being more productive. our dbs i'm willing to give a little slack because they are so young, but still not really that sharp.

great win to auburn fans. you guys played your asses off and were well prepared. cox played awesome in the first half.

i commend you au fans on your hard fought and well deserved win. now we can go and beat some LSU ass.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:21 AM

ASpoker makes a good point about the penalties. They came at some pretty key moments.Really no excuse for that, and its something that seems to perennially haunt the Gators. Looking through the box score, I see that Moore only got the ball 3 times...WTF? I read a quote by Meyer where he said "At no time did I feel comfortable turning around and handing the ball off". Ok I'm not a football coach but that "strategy" seems pretty flawed since it basically gives the Auburn D a license to tee off on Tebow.

Im with Orange in that I cant fault the young secondary too hard. Cox was making a lot of plays, you might as well pressure him more and take the chance of him getting off a big play since he was making plays anyhow.

Let me reiterate that I think Urban's play callling was horrendous. How many variations on "Tebow off-tackle" do you need to run before you realize it isnt [censored] working!? I was watching the game with my father in law and we were both saying that.

Anyhow, props again to Auburn. The only silver lining I see in this one is that hopefully Florida is charged up going into LSU. I honestly dont think they were looking past Auburn but hopefully this puts a little more fire in their guts next week.