Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 AM

Default 1/2 NL Live hand

I have roughly 400$ on the table. There is only one guy who covers me and he's in sb (or bb [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), he has $6-700. A few people have $100-150, and a few have less than $100 (some have less than $50).

UTG folds, utg+1 limps (gigantic retard, like.. actually mentally retarded imo). i make it $10 with KQs (should i make it more?), folds to co who calls with like..$30 behind, btn re-raises to $50 (21$ left, so he's a genius.. I put his range on AK/JJ+ (maybe AQs but I doubt it) guy with $700 calls the $50 cold. utg+1 limper calls $50 as well (leaving like.. 7 behind..)

I do what..

I really have no read on $700 guy, from what I saw he was loose but I don't know if he was loose to call $50 with a loose hand..
Old 08-22-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: 1/2 NL Live hand

Just fold, reverse implied odds here... You'd be MUCH better off if you were calling with 78s
Old 08-22-2007, 09:25 AM

Sykes,

Will your $40 call close the action? If so, call and see a flop.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sykes,

Will your $40 call close the action? If so, call and see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it'd close the action.

also, putting shortstack on a tight range (JJ+/AK+) and putting 700 guy on a large range, what hands should I reopen the betting here with? Am I correct in being tighter than the tight guy and only reopening with QQ+/AK+?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:01 PM

We'll treat everyone else (shortstacks) as all-in so it comes down to a) how is your equity vs their ranges and b) your implied odds against the large stack, who you have position on. (i.e. is he loose postflop too?)
You are probably way behind the button but the other dead money in the pot gives you nice pot odds to call. The "reverse implied odds" is not so much an issue as you are only really playing against $700 guy. The pot is going to be protected so you should hardly worry about being bluffed out...the other side of the coin is that you probably won't be able to extract much if 700 is smart enough to realize this as well.
I would not reopen the betting because I want to keep 700 in there. If you reraise you're setting yourself up for potential commitment on almost any flop for the side pot of $X plus your share of the main pot.

Be prepared to make or call a big bet on the flop with a pair or combo draw*. If you can't profitably play for stacks with TP2k vs 700 and you think you have less than 20% hot/cold equity in the pot I would *consider* a fold. Calling is ok based on the stuff mentioned above.

*Checking behind with a big draw is probably better unless your draw gives you the edge and you suspect he has enough to call on the flop.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 AM

man, you analyse this simple game way too much. there are retards in game, and there are good players in the game. at 1-2 calling $40 with kq and a bigger stack in play is not a good idea. what can you expect to flop with that many people in? 1. flush 2. straight 3. your [censored]