Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Live €540, I keep thinking people are making moves!

I won a freeroll to a €540 77 runner tourney in Slovenia. Its a double chance with 3.5k starting chips but I took the "second chance" right at the start so I had 7k. I am the youngest player at the table and so far have shown weakness when my 8s got 3 bet and I limped with 44 and called a miniraise to setmine to no avail. Other than that there have been no showdowns and I haven't picked up any particular reads.

I have ATo on the button playing 7.2k blinds 50/100. It folds to MP3 (playing 5.2k) who has been tight ABC and is a mid-30s Italian dude who limps. CO limps behind and I make it 550. MP3 then throws out 4x1k chips making it 4100 total. CO folds. Is standard line to fold here? Whats MP3s range?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Live €540, I keep thinking people are making moves!

WP on getting to the tourney. Although I've never played that high a stakes here's my two pennies worth of advice.

Fold, 100%, yes he might be making a move, but the blinds aren't that big yet you need to take the chance that he isn't. Even if he is making a move you are unlikley to be much more than 65-35 ahead.

Wait for a better spot and hope he f*cks around putting 40*BB in the pot pre-flop later on when you have a real hand.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM

They do that with AA and KK a lot online, but I don't know about those people.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They do that with AA and KK a lot online, but I don't know about those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, fold for sure. I've seen people do this live with QQ, AK, as well as the usual stuff. Even if it's a donk move with 66, you are still behind. You are deep, you have a mediocre hand - why CALL for 70% of your stack?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Yeah good points and what I expected. Anyway for some reason I put him on the range i'd put myself on which would be 22-88 and maybe hands like KJ, KQ and some suited aces. So I figured to be good. Anyway, he had QQ and I was down to 2k.

I made my way back up though and ended up bubbling in 10th having mucked for a side pot (what a [censored] I am) which would have been somewhat helpful. Nevermind, freerollin' is all good anyway!