Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: bangable
1 19 3.32%
2 50 8.74%
3 50 8.74%
4 94 16.43%
5 74 12.94%
6 24 4.20%
7 64 11.19%
8 46 8.04%
9 32 5.59%
10 38 6.64%
11 59 10.31%
12 22 3.85%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: N82\'s blog post

I think its absurd. I paid taxes on the money, I didn't say exactly where it was at all times. The chance that Im going to jail or paying some huge fine on earned income that I already paid taxes and reported, even if I didn't specify that it was in some foreign account, is pretty much zero.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its absurd. I paid taxes on the money, I didn't say exactly where it was at all times. The chance that Im going to jail or paying some huge fine on earned income that I already paid taxes and reported, even if I didn't specify that it was in some foreign account, is pretty much zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Sniper:
[ QUOTE ]

This form has been extensively discussed in this forum...

Filing this form has nothing to do with your taxes... it is a seperate disclosure requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From Sniper:
[ QUOTE ]

This form has been extensively discussed in this forum...

Filing this form has nothing to do with your taxes... it is a seperate disclosure requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 PM

My NT account is closed and there seems to be in no way to get in contact with them to reopen it so I can check if I ever had 10k in there. I don't think I did, since I usually kept it on sites and straight to withdrawal, but am I screwed?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My NT account is closed and there seems to be in no way to get in contact with them to reopen it so I can check if I ever had 10k in there. I don't think I did, since I usually kept it on sites and straight to withdrawal, but am I screwed?

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww, call nt support?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:53 PM

They are not throwing anyone in Jail for 4K.

I knew at least two poker dealers on payment plans who owed over 40K. They were walking the street and since they were still dealing they did not have a felony for income tax evasion on their records.

Felony income tax evasion is for the BIG FISH.

Of course they were not associated with the evil offshore type of gambling...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:32 PM

Meh I'm having my mom send it in. If they tell me I need to pay taxes on it I'll just ignore them. :-p

I already paid my taxes, FYI.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh I'm having my mom send it in. If they tell me I need to pay taxes on it I'll just ignore them. :-p

I already paid my taxes, FYI.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way they are going after someone who has already paid their taxes on money just because they didn't specifically file where it's from. If it wasn't for this forum, 99% of people involved would have no idea to file it anyway. Also not everyone reads this forum. The ridiculous notion that there are going to be 6 figure fines and jail time associated with this is a joke.

Yeah I'm going to jail and having to pay 100k because I had 20k in Neteller at some point, which I paid taxes on, just because I didn't tell them it was specifically from Neteller. It's the stupidest piece of garbage I've ever heard, and it's just to scare people for no reason. BS like this shouldn't be allowed to be posted on this forum.

Yeah post that maybe it's something you should do, but don't throw in stuff about how if you don't you are risking jailtime. It's just ridiculous. At worst there will be some slap on the wrist or very minor penalty. You'd hear of it I'm pretty sure if people who actually paid their taxes routinely went to jail anyway because of some minor technicality. Shockingly I've never heard a single story about this happening in my entire life, yet there is a post on this forum scaring everyone into thinking they can goto jail or face some fine that is likely many times more than their income.

I called my tax guy anyway to see whether I should file this thing. I'll basically do whatever he says, but I just hate the general attitude of how all these terrible things are going to happen to you for some extremely minor infraction.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:04 PM

Curtains, It is important to note that ignorance of the law is no excuse, and filing this form is a legal requirement.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, It is important to note that ignorance of the law is no excuse, and filing this form is a legal requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but tell me am I going to get a 6 figure fine and/or jail time as stated in the OP if I don't file this form?