Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Default angel investing

I'm interested in this, not necessarily for myself--Im just looking into it. Any idea where to get started? Is there any good literature on what a "typical" deal involving angel investors looks like?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: angel investing

This is a mix of VC's and angels (mostly VC's) but they're similar enough that if you're just interested in learning how stuff works it will certainly be a good start.

http://www.startupping.com/venus/investors/

If you're interested in what a typical deal involves in that sense that you want to actually see term sheets, check out this series of posts by Brad Feld. Again, he's a V not an angel. There's a lot less written by angels, but the VC stuff is a very good place to start imo.

http://www.feld.com/blog/archives/cat_term_sheet.html
Old 04-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: angel investing

Another good resource to investigate if you get serious about it would be a law firm that handles these kinds of deals. I know there are a ton of them in silicon valley, but I'm an east coast guy and only tangentially involved, so the only example I can give you is Cooley Godward which I've dealt with out here in Reston, VA. I know Cooley hosts a monthly (?) networking event for angels and VCs to meet with companies and people looking for funding.