Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: So I didnt go to class today

you guys are so white
Old 04-18-2007, 04:27 AM

this is total off subject, but why do all nearly all decent/good poker players play golf?

I played varsity golf for 3 years. Greenplastic played varsity golf, muddywater played golf, stinger playerd golf, empiremaker played golf, and nearly like 100 other big winners I know played golf in high school........

obviously I had to throw myself in there first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM

Most +ev sport?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 AM

actually after giving my question a second of thought......... anyone who plays varsity golf has a ton of self discipline..... i know myself I was on the course every single day during the summer of my high school years in the attempt of making the varsity team. me and my teammeates would always be competeitive. we even gambled and played skins behind our coaches back during golf practice on a daily basis.

I think that same mentality carried over to poker for me. once I found poker, my sole intention and addiction turned into becoming an excellent poker player.

last summer I was actually so hooked on poker my excersise lacked. all's I did last summer was helped my dad farm, baled straw, drove the semi and hauled straw, and played poker at nights for 5 hours.

this summer i'm contemplating not farming, and just focusing on poker and playing golf everyday. non competitive golf is really a stress reliever and great exercise (I never get a cart), and would really help my poker game mentally (because I hate jogging and lifting). I like to excersice and have fun at the same time.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 AM

Eh...you could say that for any sport...I think golf just makes a lot of sense to play, because:

-It's always fun, even when putting in the work.
-You're not going to mess up your body.
-You'll play it for basically the rest of your life.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh...you could say that for any sport...I think golf just makes a lot of sense to play, because:

-It's always fun, even when putting in the work.
-You're not going to mess up your body.
-You'll play it for basically the rest of your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, team sports don't really have any self pride in them. individual sports like golf are all you. obviously it takes four solid scores for the team scores, but basically IT'S ALL YOU.

team sports at my high school were basically a joke partly because my class was probably the least athletic in my high schools 60 year history. i'm proud to say i'm 99.99999999% i'm the richest and most successful kid so far to graduate from my grade. that's the benifet of only graduating with only 80 kids in a rural area.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:39 AM

sounds like a fun time.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 AM

yea fun time but i'm not sure why it's such a brag to hang out with a guy like greg raymer. sure he luckboxed in the WSOP...... however he would just be a huge degenerete if he didn't win that. normal people don't even know who greg raymer is. i've discovered in the last 5 months that' it's pretty freakin gay to associate yourself or get close to poker celebs. honestly, at the PCA party ...... hachem, raymer, and a ton of other pros were there, and I walked right by all of them. they are nobody's in my book. they are NORMAL PEOPLE who got lucky in ONE TOURNAMNT to get fame.

honestly when i look at jason, and greg,......... jason is far and beyone greg in future life/poker skill.

i'd much rather talk to players like taylor, stinger, actionjeff, aaronbeen, and like 10 other guys on a daily basis than these clowns you see on TV. TV pros are jokes........ now go and try pocketfives clowns that.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:53 AM

You should invest in a better fitting shirt. That could hamper your swing!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should invest in a better fitting shirt. That could hamper your swing!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but its burrrrrrrberry.

strass is such a balla.