Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Another one from a video

Dunno about this one. I play differently nowadays, especially when I'm focusing super hard on the games and am trying to get a read on players.

I open in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The BB calls. I don’t have much on him at all; he seems a bit aggressive but my reads are fairly limited. His stack is shorter than average but not short enough for me to believe he’s a stackoffmonkey. He has done nothing yet to stand out at the table, but 1-2 other players have, which is to say, by not standing out he may be standing out a bit. Or not.

The flop (4SB) is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, and he calls (6SB). The turn is the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, he bets, and I call (5BB). The river is the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, he bets, and I call (7BB).
Old 04-14-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Another one from a video

i feel like not enough bets went in considering we have the second nuts. my first instinct is to checkraise the river. i like the turn line you took.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:37 AM

We have 4th nuts Behind 6x, AA, 88. Though they are all unlikely enough that I think some bets were left at the table. Are you taking it slow just because you're likely splitting or that he will just fold if you bet?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:39 AM

good point, not the second nuts. i didn't even think of aa and 88 for some reason -- i suppose based on the play. anyway good catch; thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 AM

dont call river if your checking, get as much money in as possible. If your worried about the highly improbable nuts your losing EV constantly.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont call river if your checking, get as much money in as possible. If your worried about the highly improbable nuts your losing EV constantly.
Get your stack in the middle if possible after that turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Do we have replies to the wrong forum now too? There is no "getting our stack in the middle" dude.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:58 AM

yeah I accidentally clicked micro stakes limit instead of NL, easy to do at 4:00 am after no sleep, sorry!! but anyways concept is same, gotta put a raise in there
Old 04-14-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like not enough bets went in considering we have the second nuts. my first instinct is to checkraise the river. i like the turn line you took.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious (genuinely), what range of hands do you think call a river c/r vs 3bet vs fold?

Rob
Old 04-14-2007, 12:59 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It is WA/WB and the only hand that you really don't want him to have is something like QQ or JJ. You just aren't going to see them often enough given the action to do anything else imo. If you pop the turn he will just fold the crap so he is basically freerolling you when he calls or reraises.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The BB calls. I don’t have much on him at all; he seems a bit aggressive but my reads are fairly limited.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I took this route (checking the turn and river because I think he bets it very often), I would check-raise-call the river. Given the 666 on the board, he's likely to be betting with a lot of hands as bluffs, but he will pay off with a lot of hands that he thought he was value betting (any PP, river flush -- and maybe he'll look you up with K-high, but you don't need these extra calls to get value).