Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 04:24 PM

Default OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

Link to diebitter accepting (for the second time) an OOT Survivor match

For those who don't know, OOT Surivor is a contest where two posters are pitted against each other. The OOT community votes for one to be banned from the site and permanently prevented from posting in OOT (even under other userneames).

OOT mod diebitter accepted Bruiser's challenge in antoher thread several days ago. Apparently, astroglide intervened and put an end to the contest since he wants diebitter to remain as an OOT mod and didn't want to risk diebitter losing. But, after being ridiculed in the linked OOT thread, diebitter has changed his mind and intends to go through with the contest.

Even diebitter (in a PM) acknowledges this whole thing is very immature. Other people have said the same about OOT Survivor in Mod Forum posts.

Ed Miller comments Cola and MrWookie also make comments in this thread.

xorbie and others comment in this thread
Old 02-14-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

I think at this point this definitely needs to happen. Good luck, diebitter.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:48 PM

This is clearly a lose-lose situation.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:57 PM

It is immature, and I am an assclown for getting readily suckered into it, and pretty ashamed I got myself into such a freakshow. Having said that, I can't happily walk away from it, and I have been annoyed all day at myself for both engaging, and then declining - even though I agreed it with Astro.

Bruiser just annoys me. I'm not badmouthing him here where he can't respond, so you read it in OOT if you want. Anyway, that's my take.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:33 PM

I think it is ridiculous that what is essentially an OOT party game is allowed to affect what happens in the strategy forums.

Whatever, though. I guess the populace still loves a good death match.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:37 PM

Dynasty... Is this post in the Mod forum for any purpose other than informational?

It's probably worth noting, that since OOT mods can't ban each other, before you put a Mod up for survivor, it seems you should have Mat's approval that he will actually ban him! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I also agree with some of the earlier comments, that OOT Survivor should not become a popularity contest tool between 2 good posters!

... and die, you want to save face... Ban/Suspend Bruiser for challenging you! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
(I think even Commodus would find honor in that action!)

Old 02-14-2006, 05:48 PM

Diebitter is an honorable guy. I'm sure if he loses the survivor match, he will be willing to stop posting and renounce his modship (at which point he can be banned).

I think we mostly agree that these surivor matches between non-trolls are bad, but in my opinion this one is too far along to be stopped. My feeling is that the best thing that can happen is:
1) An admin posts in OOT to make it clear that challenging people to OOT Survivor is not acceptable anymore and after this match there will be no more, but that this one is on.
2) The match takes place. I think something like "Final OOT Survivor" is more dramatic than "OOT Survivor #5" and drives home the point that this won't be allowed in the future, so I hope that gets used as the name.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... and die, you want to save face... Ban/Suspend Bruiser for challenging you! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
(I think even Commodus would find honor in that action!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I did toy with the idea of trapping him by asking if he was really ready to leave OOT, and on a 'yes' ban him given the Rules of OOT. But I don't think that would work out either.

-- bobbyi
I agree with both points there. I certainly think it should be made clear to all that mods aren't to be challenged on these in future.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:55 PM

This is really stupid.

TheBruiser500 use to post interesting limit hands in the old mid-high forum. I hope we don't lose him which is what I predict will happen since he's largely misunderstood.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly think it should be made clear to all that mods aren't to be challenged on these in future.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I really meant is that it should be made clear that no one is to be challenged in the future. Losing valued posters is bad whether they are mods or not.