Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 PM

Default PL 2-7 Betsize question

Second hand at the table. Two people post blinds (in the CO and UTG). SB folds and I check 2346T in the BB (raise? probably.).

I draw 1, poster draws 2, other poster draws 3. I get a 6 for 66432. Since they both drew 2+, I pot. Guy who drew 2 calls. I discard 6 and pull a 7 for #2. He draws 2 again. The pot is $4.90.

Action?

Rob
Old 01-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: PL 2-7 Betsize question

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand at the table. Two people post blinds (in the CO and UTG). SB folds and I check 2346T in the BB (raise? probably.).

I draw 1, poster draws 2, other poster draws 3. I get a 6 for 66432. Since they both drew 2+, I pot. Guy who drew 2 calls. I discard 6 and pull a 7 for #2. He draws 2 again. The pot is $4.90.

Action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the pot. You don't say how much money you both have behind, but presumably you want to do your best to get it all in here, and some smaller bet isn't gonna cut it.

Since the posters are new, even if you had normally been taking stabs at the pot with lesser bets in the situation they won't necessarily read you for that.

Any reasonably-sized bet is too much to call drawing two. He's probably going to expect a pot-sized bet whether or not you are pat. You just have to hope he's willing to chase or picked up something half-decent he will raise with.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Such a broken game. Raise predraw please.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-26-2007, 03:32 AM

You might try potting it, the same bet as you made after the first draw. If this is a live game, make the bet in the same way: if you said "Pot" before, say "Pot" again; if you said "$1.63" before, say "$4.90" now. If you lose him, you lose him. The temptation might be to check, and hope that he catches something, but I think you are better off establishing a pattern of betting rather than trapping, since this is the second hand.

I don't raise this hand from the BB in PL unless I have a reason extraneous to hand strength, or unless I'm trying to get a short stack in.

jmo