Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Learn from my mistakes part 2

So why has nobody posted a complete DOG of a hand yet? All the SS wannabee ballers too embarrassed?

Yeah, well screw you people, I have absolutely no shame...ship it...

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $3</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $12</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls</font>, 2 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($95, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $52</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $52</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $199
Hero shows Ah Kh
Button shows Jc Qc

As for an explanation/commentary, how about this: Hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw.

Sh1t, I hate myself.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:02 PM

This hand was mangled on every street, the table had been playing 3-handed for quite a while, I had been running about 45/30ish 3-handed and had shown some 3-barrel bluffs and semi-bluff all-ins. At the time I was 10-tabling and didn't notice the two players involved in the hand were new to the table [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I suck [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Prima Skin(0.50|1.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

5 handed

- UTG sitting in seat 3 with $82.05
- Hero sitting in seat 5 with $117.40
- Button sitting in seat 6 with $94.00 [Dealer]

** Dealing card to Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raised - $4.00
hero called - $4.00
Himpan rai used - $8.00
SB folded
BB folded
UTG called - $8.00
Hero called - $8.00

** Dealing the flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG checked
Hero bet - $18.00
Button called - $18.00
UTG folded

** Dealing the turn: 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bet - $35.00
Button went all-in - $68.00
Hero called - $33.00

** Dealing the river: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button shows: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero mucks: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Button wins $195.50 from the main pot [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for an explanation/commentary, how about this: Hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw-hee-haw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I believe we have an early leader.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:11 PM

I thought my hand was pretty terrible...he had 88. Hooray not going broke!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why has nobody posted a complete DOG of a hand yet? All the SS wannabee ballers too embarrassed?

Party Poker
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $3</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $12</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls</font>, 2 folds.

Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $52</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $52</font>.

Results:
Hero shows Ah Kh
Button shows Jc Qc

Sh1t, I hate myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that is ugly. It's OK though, I stacked a good player when I was holding JQ and he had AK on the exact same flop. The big problem with the hand is that since you just called preflop (I think this is fine, givin the number of callers, but I probably raise and limit the field), you need to play the flop accordingly. If you are just calling you need to be looking for a BIG HAND with AKs, like the nut flush draw, or a made straight. TPTK is no good a 4 way pot where you just called preflop. The cold call on the flop is ugggly. As played preflop... I'd bet out on the flop, and probably fold to any resistance. If just called, I would slow down on the turn. That is a VERY scary board with just TPTK. There is a raiser, and a min-raiser (alarm bells) on a scary board.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 PM

Dude!

[ QUOTE ]
5. Before you post one hand you must comment meaningfully on the mistakes of another player. You must say what you think they did wrong AND why you think this. Also, you must say what you think Hero SHOULD have done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought my hand was pretty terrible...he had 88. Hooray not going broke!

[/ QUOTE ]

Still don't see much wrong in getting it allin here, probably on an earlier street. But the way the money went in here was horrible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM

without metagame information, some of these plays are more than fine.

the only problem I had is the AK with trip aces hand. that hand was butchered.

I love how you get scared of the Q on the turn then decide to pay off the river anyways when a much worse scare card comes.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Results:
Hero shows Ah Kh
Button shows Jc Qc

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fine with the pre-flop.. 3/4 to pot sized bet on the flop.. In this hand, you can then either fold to the likely min-raise, or be a bit of a donkey and call, then check-fold the turn..
Old 07-28-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker
10 players
Converter

Results:
Hero shows Ah Kh
Button shows Jc Qc

Sh1t, I hate myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop. Bet the turn and then just turn turtle and check call to the end. thing is, if you'd of wouldn't of suffered the beat you did (and if you did, add him to your buddy list as he/she is manna from heaven).