Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Advice needed, Borgata with wife

I am going to borgata on sunday with the wife for a quick overnight stay for mother's day (her choice not mine). poker is unlikely, but possible if there is a big game.

otherwise, we figure nice dinner sun night (any suggestinos?), room service breakfast monday, spa treatment for her and possibly some pooltime...

bad/good plan?

thanks!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Advice needed, Borgata with wife

sounds like a great plan, get a suite if possible and spoil her absolutely rotten in the spa, my wife loves it

unless you are in the mood/big steak lovers i wouldn't do homestead for a mothers day dinner, try specchio or ombra - the menus are available online at www.theborgata.com

you'll laugh at the prices for room service eggs and such for breakfast, but you make a ton of dough and it's the only way to get it delivered in bed so that wont matter much
Old 05-12-2006, 02:53 PM

room service is quite reasonable. i think last time around $35 for breakfast. the usual fare coffee, toast, eggs, fruit, oatmeal. Homestead is nice, had the biggest primerib i ever saw.(35 oz. i think) was kinda loud inside though. i would stick with specchio. my wife loves Ombra, she actually likes the bar side.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:21 PM

Word on the street is the biggest of all games is now at the Taj. I haven't been down to AC in 8 weeks so I can't confirm yet.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 PM

Stox,

Is the borg a nice hotel? Why not just go somewhere else that doesn't have poker and is likely nicer if you don't think you will be playing. Then again it is probably a concession for her because I assume she is going to be busy getting pampered in the spa and you can make millions.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:47 PM

i'm not much of a hotel afficionado and the borg is a known entity for me, I like the rooms and know the spa and restaurants are decent.

so while you are actually being somewhat logical sponger, I am a bit late to the party to come up with an alternate plan.

thanks to everyone else who replied. Taj game i have heard rumours of also, mixed games would be no good for me, but I would sit with 100% of myself in 1k/2k limit, but I think 2k/4k would be a bit rich for me. i guess it would depend on the line-up and I could take a 25-50 bb shot.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
room service is quite reasonable. i think last time around $35 for breakfast. the usual fare coffee, toast, eggs, fruit, oatmeal.

[/ QUOTE ]
You and I have very different conceptions about what coffee toast eggs fruit and oatmeal should cost.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:59 PM

There is usually a big game at the Taj these days, but not for the last few nights. They have been spreading between, 500/1000, 1k/2k, 1.5k/3k, and the 2k/4k. I would assume in the least there will be a 500/1000 game going on this weekend. From what I can tell it's usually a stud game or perhaps a mixed game. Aside from that though, the Taj doesn't usually have higher than 20/40 hold em, but they do have a pretty regular 75/150 stud game. The Borgata doesn't really run games that high outside of major tournament season, just the usual 80/160 and sometimes they have the 150/300 hold em game I believe, but I could be wrong because haven't really been there as the Taj has been my home lately.

At the Borgata you have to go to the Homestead, best steakhouse around!
Old 05-13-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stox,

Is the borg a nice hotel? Why not just go somewhere else that doesn't have poker and is likely nicer if you don't think you will be playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Borgata is the nicest hotel in AC by leaps and bounds.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not much of a hotel afficionado and the borg is a known entity for me, I like the rooms and know the spa and restaurants are decent.

so while you are actually being somewhat logical sponger, I am a bit late to the party to come up with an alternate plan.

thanks to everyone else who replied. Taj game i have heard rumours of also, mixed games would be no good for me, but I would sit with 100% of myself in 1k/2k limit, but I think 2k/4k would be a bit rich for me. i guess it would depend on the line-up and I could take a 25-50 bb shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told the game is even bigger than 2/4 now, 3 handed at most byt a guy who organises the big games wher I live. You should at least check it out to gawk at the players, with rare exception it will put a smile on your face I am told.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]