Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look, STEP ONE is for each site to sit down and present a set of draft guidelines for which they request feedback from the players. Then we have a bit of back and forth - then we get something finalised.

This is really simple, let the sites put down a set of rules; and a set of opinions on what they consider to be ethical behaviour by the players. If they do this and are open to feedback a giant leap forward will have been made.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the other sites, but people who claim that Pokerstars hasn't clearly defined what is allowed haven't read the TOS/tourney rules. And to the OP, yes you are allowed to hand off the tourney if you lose your internet connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you know where it says this in stars toc mind posting it? i have no idea and im too lazy to read thru all of it anytime soon- although i should.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:16 PM

gg
Old 11-30-2007, 03:28 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

At the bottom are examples of what is/isn't acceptable.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/
Old 11-30-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think your Mother having a heart attack is a grey area then your soul is already lost my friend - If you were at the main event live would you ask her to hold on? terrible post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying it isn't close and you'd obv help your mom. The Q is then whether you would let yourself get blinded off, or turn your tourney over to someone else to finish? Reading this thread it sounds like a lot of people believe it would be immoral for me to call up one of my many friends who are super good at MTTs and say "how much $$ would u give me to get to finish this out and you keep whatever you get?" It seems like a lot of people believe the ONLY right thing to do would be to let yourself get blinded out, and to me that seems crazy.

So then, if it becomes ok to let someone else finish your tourney in this situation, what type of situations are ok? What aren't?

What if Person A is $25,000 in debt, is close to being evicted, and now finds himself deep in a multi. There are 10 people left, he's 4th in chips, and 1st place is $100,000, on down to 10th being like $3,000. Then, person A has some hotshot say to him, "hey dude, I'll ship you $30,000 right now if you let me finish this one out for you." [lets ignore the fact this is a crazy offer and hypothetically a hotshot great player would probably never make such an offer]. If you're person A and your life is hell and suddenly this guaranteed $30,000 can get you out of debt and give you enough money to prevent getting evicted anytime soon, this would be a tempting offer, right? But this would probably be considered immoral? But yet, it's a decision that can totally change someone's life for the better (much like leaving the tourney to help your mom), so then does it become ok, assuming we accept the mother-situation as being an ok one to sell your tourney seat?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 PM

funkii is my favorite twins fan in this thread. lol at the eviction and heart attack hypotheticals.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM

I say no its not ok, again live at WSOP - can anyone finish for you if you get such a dreaded call or if you're skint? There's a big lobby to make tourney poker a sport, is there ANY other sport where you could call up someone else to finish a game for you cause yer skint or Mum's dying? No, if your lucks out it's out - you can't introduce degrees of correctness like that as it becomes impossible to police - if it's not on, that's it, everyone knows it, break the rule and risk a life ban imo.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say no its not ok, again live at WSOP - can anyone finish for you if you get such a dreaded call or if you're skint? There's a big lobby to make tourney poker a sport, is there ANY other sport where you could call up someone else to finish a game for you cause yer skint or Mum's dying? No, if your lucks out it's out - you can't introduce degrees of correctness like that as it becomes impossible to police - if it's not on, that's it, everyone knows it, break the rule and risk a life ban imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Live poker and Online Poker are 2 different things. imo
Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
naive question:

how do these people buy even accounts. like for example, if i randomly FT the stars mil, would someone AIM or pm me? (prob not bc i play cash primarily)?

given that line of thinking wherein jjprod or whoever doesnt buy accounts off of randoms, is there some sort of guideline set in place? for example, jjprod and account x make a gentlemen's agreement that if account x has z bb's with y players left, then they will sell it? i cant even imagine most mtt regs even wanting to sell their account that deep in the mil

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently it works something like this

http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king...hp?article=225

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who writes this blog is seriously completely retarded, how does anyone trust these posts for news or even reliable information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you bought accounts deep in tournaments in the past? Maybe you can enlighten us on how it works.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't you bought accounts deep in tournaments in the past? Maybe you can enlighten us on how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-30-2007, 07:55 PM

Sorel Mizzi is the prime suspect