Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-21-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - Huge draw deep vs. FTP pro

alright let me address some things
first, polarization. i wasnt aware this had become a big catchword, i havent even been reading the forum for like a few months cause of traveling. in this case, however, nobody plays anything but AK, 2pair, sets, and huge draws to a 3bet here, and so while its good if we get it in vs a draw or if we get AJ to fold, its way worse if we force ourselves to stack off 2 buyins to a set here imo. so in this respect, its pretty easy for him to play close to near perfectly, which is another way of saying he becomes polarized to only the best hands in his range. also, there arent that many combos of worse draws he can have. and when i say we dont want to get stuck, we dont want to be priced in to call a shove when, in actuality, were usually a dog.

secondly, people are worried about what will happen if we flatcall. if, for experimental purposes, we can narrow down his range to bluffs/average hands that will fold to a 3bet and hands that will get it in on the flop, lets see what he does
bluffs: often he will just c/f. other times he will pot into us when we have just turned the nuts, giving ourselves a chance to string him for the river too.
monsters: he wouldnt have folded anyway on the flop so its already better to call. many of our outs he still stacks off to. plus when he pots turn, it is usually easier to read his hand (ie he bets the turn always with a monster and only sometimes with a bluff)
only when we blank and he pots do we have a weird spot, and even then he still probably gives us odds to call.

3betting certainly isnt bad, but i dont think its best.

correct me where im wrong though
Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like 3betting flop, we dont want to get stuck here and we polarize him pretty hardcore if we do.

[/ QUOTE ]
why does everyone try so hard to use that stupid word polarize so much?

did aba say it in one of his videos or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
I coined it. Look it up. True story.

edit: btw, where i coined it was in a pretty interesting thread with some really awesome posters: vanveen, cwl, flawless, brandon adams, etc.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 11-21-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ it’s a hand that will frequently punish you for building a large pot out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

nitaments
Old 11-21-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AQ it’s a hand that will frequently punish you for building a large pot out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

nitaments

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Brandon is a notorious nit.