Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I asked if I should move up in stakes from $10's, everyone agreed I should, so I have and have been fairly successful. I thought I'd give the $50's a shot with 10 HU sng's and try to win 6/10, but my 1st game already blew my confidence. The game just started, I have a slight chip lead, but too much. I made a risky call but I knew he was full of it, and to my own destruction look what he had, and look what he was gifted with. He had the nerve to go "here fishy fishy". This really blows my confidence especially when this isnt my buyin level, I should and would fold this hand usually in that same situation, but sometimes your gut tells you to call, and you just have to.

Poker Stars, $52.50 + $2.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): 1,760
BB: 1,240

Pre-Flop: (45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 90</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to 1,240 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls 1,150

Flop: (2,480) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (2,480) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (2,480) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,480 Pot
Hero showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Eights and Fives) and LOST (-1,240 NET)
BB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fives) and WON 2,480 (+1,240 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

Then keep playing!

Good read, go with your instincts moreso than standard play, otherwise you'll never fully become the player you can be.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Of coarse ChicagoRy is telling you this because he knows your screen name and where you play.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 AM

Haha, I've been playing FTP lately anyways and wouldn't play 50s on Stars [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Way things have been going I've played more 33s than 55s on FTP lately too.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of coarse ChicagoRy is telling you this because he knows your screen name and where you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You trying to say I suck or something buddy?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 AM

sheriff refuses to play me...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 AM

Sheriff_087 or whatever won't play me either...even if I try to buy in for like 113.33 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

same with Kaintdz or something like that. He gives NO action to full buy ins at 3/6NL
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM

MasterLJ and some of the other HUCASH players, how do you guys game select? What I mean is do you sit at an empty table and wait for someone to sit down? At that point do you decide if you will play him? If you haven't seen them before do you play a few hands first? Or, do you wait for other players to sit first and then you join the table if it's someone you know you can beat?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 PM

a little bit of both. Recently I've just been sitting and waiting for players because I'll have other sites up playing FR. I primarily only play HU on FT. If I don't like my opponent and feel there's not a big enough edge, I'll just say, "sorry can't play long" and sit out after a few hands or just instasit out when they come and you recognize you don't have big edge. It's not hit and running, it's just refusing to play.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MasterLJ and some of the other HUCASH players, how do you guys game select? What I mean is do you sit at an empty table and wait for someone to sit down? At that point do you decide if you will play him? If you haven't seen them before do you play a few hands first? Or, do you wait for other players to sit first and then you join the table if it's someone you know you can beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

The superfishy players arent gonna sit around waiting, they are just gonna find someone already sitting
Old 11-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Supernova.... hooray [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]