Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 11-14-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone

Wahey!! i looked a couple of days ago and it wasnt there! it must of just been put on today or yesterday! finding something else to buy with it to get free postage shouldnt be a problem!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM

I just want to know when it will be available from the big mega bookstores. I have three chains I frequent (visiting different locations for two of the chains) and none have it on the shelf.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:06 PM

Canadians shouldn't wait for Amazon.ca or Chapters - it doesn't cost difference isn't much to just order from the USA. I live in Canada and ordered it directly from the publisher and got it 3 days ago ... and am glad I did, so far it looks good.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:05 AM

There has been some discussion here of Mark Vos' chapter on 6-handed cash game NLHE strategy in Kill Everyone. Some readers have called it "random" (tangential) and think it detracts from the book while others seem to appreciate its addition. No one seems to have had any real criticism of the chapter's content (other than saying they'd have liked to have seen more), and some readers and reviewers have really liked it.

It was billed as a "bonus chapter" and it's meant to be just that-a bonus. It's applicable to 6-handed NLHE tournaments when deep stacked (I've played several at the Aussie Millions) as well as to cash games. In my view, Mark, a WSOP NLHE bracelet winner, is one of the best short-handed NLHE and PLO players around, and both myself and my co-authors agreed that his views on short-handed NLHE cash play would be a +EV bonus.

Kill Everyone will be re-printed before long and I'd really like feedback from forum members who have read Kill Everyone on this question:

Would you prefer that this chapter be included or excluded in the re-print? Would Kill Everyone be a better book if this bonus chapter was not included?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lee Nelson
Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 AM

Hi Lee:

I'll answer your question even though I haven't yet opened my copy of Kill Everyone. But in today's poker book market, it's very important that the book in question stay completely focused on the subject matter of intent. So if we would have done the book, it's most likely I would have told you to eliminate that chapter and perhaps expand some of the other material.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-15-2007, 08:44 AM

could it be possible that you would of asked him in theory to work the six max section into the overall theme of the book? .
that would seem to the most logical to me without reading it (I plan to order it this week).

that is what I would reccomend for a further edition to either rewrite it so it fits the overall theme of the book, therefore it would no longer be a bonus chapter, but how these concepts apply to the chapter.
or I would use the chapter as a preview for a further book,

not from a publisher but from a book lover [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM

I might have to check this out.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There has been some discussion here of Mark Vos' chapter on 6-handed cash game NLHE strategy in Kill Everyone. Some readers have called it "random" (tangential) and think it detracts from the book while others seem to appreciate its addition. No one seems to have had any real criticism of the chapter's content (other than saying they'd have liked to have seen more), and some readers and reviewers have really liked it.

It was billed as a "bonus chapter" and it's meant to be just that-a bonus. It's applicable to 6-handed NLHE tournaments when deep stacked (I've played several at the Aussie Millions) as well as to cash games. In my view, Mark, a WSOP NLHE bracelet winner, is one of the best short-handed NLHE and PLO players around, and both myself and my co-authors agreed that his views on short-handed NLHE cash play would be a +EV bonus.

Kill Everyone will be re-printed before long and I'd really like feedback from forum members who have read Kill Everyone on this question:

Would you prefer that this chapter be included or excluded in the re-print? Would Kill Everyone be a better book if this bonus chapter was not included?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lee Nelson

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how excluding it in the re-print helps anything, but only hurts. I agree that is was strange to have it there, but the advice is good. I also agree that it helps with 6-max tournies. Maybe mention that the chapter can help with these short handed tournies in the reprint, but don't get rid of it all together. It is also pretty much the only 6-max exclusive material in print so far. It would be silly to just eliminate it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:37 PM

If you eliminate it now then you would get tons of people who want the first edition since it has that extra chapter in it. I think its good you put an extra form of poker strategy in it...why would someone pay for the second print without it? The book is called "kill everyone" not "kill everyone but 6-max players"

edit: i didnt read the whole thread, were there some pansies complaining about an extra chapter?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Great book, an awful lot to integrate in your play, even for almost all regulars I guess.

1 question Tysen: when referring to your database of low-level players and their average calling %, ... What levels are we talking about? under 5$ or 6+11 or even up to 22? Thx.