Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Cardrunners.com Membership

I had a one month membership a while back before Townsend joined the staff. I'd say that Taylors videos where the best, but his game is so reads oriented (which is what makes him so good) so other than basics I'm not sure you'll learn anything really advanced. I wasn't a big fan of Andrews videos. You can definitely see the skill difference between him and Taylor.

I'd like to see some of Townsends videos but i'm not curious enough to sign up again and pay another setup fee.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:44 AM

I have a membership, it was a good investment on my part.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, they are going to update the site within the next 7 days, I mean 14 days, I mean 30 days, I mean within the next 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM

Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better between cardrunners and stoxpoker.com?

Stoxpoker is $20/month + $30 to start. So it is a bit cheaper but I don't know if their videos are as good.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, they are going to update the site within the next 7 days, I mean 14 days, I mean 30 days, I mean within the next 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's important that they clear the site of all bugs and make it how they want it before releasing it. You really can't put a ETA on these things. Taylor wants to make sure things are perfect and was nice enough to try to give a ETA. Unfortunately it appears that something has caused a hold up, and I'm sure Taylor is working his hardest to fix it and launch the site. It's not like he's holding it back on purpose.... come on guys. Be thankful he's giving a new site instead of complaining about it.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's important that they clear the site of all bugs and make it how they want it before releasing it. You really can't put a ETA on these things. Taylor wants to make sure things are perfect and was nice enough to try to give a ETA. Unfortunately it appears that something has caused a hold up, and I'm sure Taylor is working his hardest to fix it and launch the site. It's not like he's holding it back on purpose.... come on guys. Be thankful he's giving a new site instead of complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taylor or another cardrunner employee always come into the threads about the site and make it a point to let everyone know that a new site will be up and ready very soon, and it never is. If you know there are going to be delays, don't make these empty promises.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM

I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding... here's another one.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't build something up and give a semi-formal release date (We've heard, a month, 7 days, etc.) What they basically did was build up some excitement and fail to deliver. This didn't happen once or even twice, but numerous times. Truthfully, I don't really care, but I do find it quite amusing.