Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Niagara WPT I have aces the board sucks

2nd level, 2 hours in. I have 3bet once, 4bet once, opened and flatcalled preflop a good amount. I would say I have been active, though I haven't shown much down. In fact I don't know if I've shown down a hand. I haven't been very aggressive postflop and have folded a couple rivers in small-medium sized pots. I haven't won many pots, my stack is at 15k from the 20k we started at.

EMP is young, about the same age as me. He asked me my online name, I told him and he didn't seem to recognize it. He told me his and I didn't recognize it either. I told him I play mostly mid/high stakes cash and not many tournaments. He said he was a high volume tournament player. He was fairly active and aggressive. He played a hand earlier where it limped to sb who raised, he called in the bb, then bet every street on the 9949T board while sb c/c every time. sb showed JJ on the river and villain mucked, saying he had 44 later I think

LP is a middle aged/old man, seems to be tightish but not very good.

Hand. Blinds 50/100, no ante. I had recently lost two or three pots then 4bet and won the hand when my opponent folded. I have 14-15k, both opponent's cover but not by a lot. EMP raises to 350, I'm sitting to his direct left and look down at black AA and make it 1100. LP (button maybe) coldcalls quickly. folds to EMP who thinks for a minute and calls.

The flop is 4c 5h 6c. pot 3450. EMP checks, I think briefly and bet 2700. I am not a spaz in live poker to my knowledge but I imagine I looked at least slightly uncomfortable here, because I was. LP lifts his cards up to show the guy next to him and folds. EMP immediately starts playing with his chips, counting them up, looking over at me and my stack, asks how much i have left, I incorrectly tell him I have 13k (accident) and then the dealer and someone else start to protest, and I quickly correct myself telling him I have 10-11k left. He counts out the 2700, counts how much more he has, thinks for a little bit more, and shoves.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Niagara WPT I have aces the board sucks

sorry for the novel, im bored and felt like writing it up I guess
Old 10-28-2007, 02:21 PM

what's the question? srsly
Old 10-28-2007, 03:45 PM

I do have to call an over 100bb shove on a super scary board. I think it's a call, but some people I talked to thought it was a very tough spot. I'm not even 100% sure if you mean that its a snap call or snap fold, I don't think it's really easy.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:13 PM

meh. you have aces getting in the 1.7:1 range to call a shove, the board is super drawy, and the guy is a decent Internet pro who's shoving a lot. you can't possibly fold this.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Ask Phil Ivey.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 PM

ok for a possibly more interesting question, I'll tell part of the results. I called, he had 2h4h. What do you think of his play?