Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Harrington On Cash

While the 3 already published Harrington books were excellent value for money IMO, I have never heard of 'Action Dan' being regarded as a player who excells in cash games (if i'm wrong, I apologise Mr Harrington [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]...and no, I don't wanna HU!). In light of this, how useful is the Harrington on Cash series likely to be? While I suspect the advice will be reasonable, I expect it will be aimed at relative newcomers and losing players and is more likely to follow the lines of PG's Little Blue Book (look how well i can play a flopped set on a ragged flop!). My feeling is that most players will find it to be basic advice as opposed to the soon to be released and much anticipated (certainly by me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font> ) PNL. Does anyone know anything about the likely content of HOC? I saw the post of TOC for PNL and it looks to be the perfect 'level-up' from NLH:TAP.

Anyway my first post so sorry if it was a bit blah-blah, was just something I was mulling over. Maybe Mr H. is actually a cash game God!<font color="blue"> </font>
Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Harrington On Cash

I've heard that he was a pretty strong cash game player at the Mayfair, and against some good competition (Seidel, Zee, etc.). I can't speak to how good he was or what precisely he played myself.

Having said that, there's a shortage of NLHE cash game publications out. The few authors that have covered NLHE cash to this point are generally unknown or known for other games, so eh.

That issue aside, Dan H and Bill Robertie have proven that they can write a book... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. We can sort it out here on 2+2 if some of the advice doesn't pan out.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that he was a pretty strong cash game player at the Mayfair, and against some good competition (Seidel, Zee, etc.). I can't speak to how good he was or what precisely he played myself.

Having said that, there's a shortage of NLHE cash game publications out. The few authors that have covered NLHE cash to this point are generally unknown or known for other games, so eh.

That issue aside, Dan H and Bill Robertie have proven that they can write a book... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. We can sort it out here on 2+2 if some of the advice doesn't pan out.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH ...looking foward to this too
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 PM

I'd expect it to be no worse in standard than his tournament books.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:58 PM

before dan's business took off he played in cash games a lot. he still plays in high stakes cash games often, both live and online. given his 25+ years of nl cash game experience, his poker knowledge, and bill robertie's skillful writing, i expect this to be another excellent book.

fyi - i recently played in several high stakes cash games with dan.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway my first post so sorry if it was a bit blah-blah, was just something I was mulling over. Maybe Mr H. is actually a cash game God!<font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome in off the rail!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:52 PM

Where does Dan play live NLH cash games? Commerce? What about online?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the info all. So another title I've now got to wait impatiently for?!

Now if I could only get my hands on a copy of PNL...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm assuming HOC going to be on NL cash games, not limit cash?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming HOC going to be on NL cash games, not limit cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good assumption.
Mike