Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Padres #1 on ESPN power rankings

[ QUOTE ]
The Padres' pitching is impressive, but running out the lineup they did today isn't going to cut it:
Bocachica
Cruz, Jr.
Gonzalez
Cameron
Bard
Greene
Headley
Blum

Edit: I think the D'backs will win that division.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't realize how awful SD's lineup was until I watched their game Friday against the Cubs. Their batting order was almost entirely crappy top to bottom.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jake Peavy > Johan Santana

[/ QUOTE ]

peavy pitches to pitchers

johan pitches to hafner and thome

[/ QUOTE ]

You've heard of adjusted stats, right?

Jake Peavy > Johan Santana
Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Padres' pitching is impressive, but running out the lineup they did today isn't going to cut it:
Bocachica
Cruz, Jr.
Gonzalez
Cameron
Bard
Greene
Headley
Blum

Edit: I think the D'backs will win that division.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't realize how awful SD's lineup was until I watched their game Friday against the Cubs. Their batting order was almost entirely crappy top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even as a fan, I was pretty sure we were going to lose that game. The lineup was poop and Wells, our 5th starter, pitched. But, we were playing 1 guy in the lineup making his major league debut and 2 guys who were subbing in. Kouzmanoff (ok, he's not that good, but he's improving) should have been at 3rd, Brian Giles is slated to come off the DL soon, and Marcus Giles has the flu. Bard I think is underrated. He batted .350 last year (not a full season though) but it's slacking a bit this year. These guys are not great players, but they are ok to good players who can scrap for runs and win when the pitching stays solid, which is apparently often as we are 10 games above 500.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 AM

I think the Diamondbacks and Padres should have a pretty entertaining race in the division honestly. I have honestly considered choosing where to move based on which of those teams wins the division this season.

That would rule so hard. I'd actually get MLB.TV if the division winner determined where I moved to.

Anyways, I think Peavy is easily the best pitcher in the NL and would certainly be the ace of any staff he was on in the AL (unless he pitched with Johan). The Padres always need a bat and they never get one... they should spew huge wags of cash and try to sign Ichiro or Tori Hunter in the offseason (I know I know it'll never ever happen, but it would rule for them).

But if the Padres need a big, reliable power-slugger for this season, I think a David Newhan for Jake Peavy trade can be arranged.

The Diamondbacks have a pretty good core of young guys, Young, Quentin, Drew, Reynolds, umm... a few other jokers, some decent pitching, IMO if they hang on to their staff and none of their starters dies of old age they will be a very good team next season. And they're pretty good right now.

The Padres and DBacks are my second favorite teams I guess, so I hope they do well
Old 06-16-2007, 05:12 AM

Padres are now behind the Angels.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
padres r a joke, we'll see if they are there at the end of the year. They have been very successful in the past...NOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this clown??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

u wanna put money on it...padres have no shot, there hitting is pathetic, they dont have 1 player who bats at least .300. Its only a matter of time before fat boy has a heart attack on his doughnuts and jake peavy is nice thats it.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
padres r a joke, we'll see if they are there at the end of the year. They have been very successful in the past...NOT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u wanna put money on it...padres have no shot, there hitting is pathetic, they dont have 1 player who bats at least .300. Its only a matter of time before fat boy has a heart attack on his doughnuts and jake peavy is nice thats it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban plz
Old 06-16-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the padres look very good. i would say they'd do well to add one big bat at the deadline (although, wouldn't everyone?)

[/ QUOTE ]
yankees trade matsui for a reliever... eh eh
Old 06-16-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban plz

[/ QUOTE ]

your a joke bequiet chump ban yourself
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM

I just realized the Padres won 1-0 vs. Cubs with 2 hits in that fight game. I might be wrong on this but isn't that the 3rd time this year Padres won a game 1-0 with exactly 2 hits? I know C. Young was involved in one vs. Cain where Cain had no no going deep. Then I think it was C. Y again, not sure. I'll look it up later maybe. Pads making it count.

I wouldn't charge CY if I were a hitter, the guys got that sick reach, and good arm speed on the overhand right, make sure you duck that incoming and get the take down.