Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Future of the MMB forum discussion

Just an example, but I was planning on doing a full disclosure campaign here, where I show my website, my keyword lists, and explain every aspect of the marketing and presentation involved.

People could follow along, if I made money I'd report how much, if I lost money I'd report that too. Bottom line, people who are interested in affiliate marketing like most of this forum, would be interested to read it.

Can't do that now. Can't even do it in my blog and link to it.

That's how the link rule takes away from this forum. Like I said, this forum is on the way out, and it seems like the site admin is too stubborn to listen to the people who make their money for them and change it.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Scotty,

Do you have AIM? I would like to talk to you.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:48 PM

scotty, that was a great little production there.

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely stop by here if ever anymore. The fact is there are better forums for internet marketing as well as traditional business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering that, you sure seem pretty upset and now I'm not suer why.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that we can't post links, or even have a sig with a link, is just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
The lack of signatures is actually one of the reasons I can stand to read 2+2. I hate going to other forums and having to wade through the annoying signatures. Bottom line is that it's not ridiculous at all to not give you a mini advertising space with each post you make.

[ QUOTE ]
2+2 gained it's success because of online poker. Poker, unfortunately, is dying. If they want to continue to enjoy the success they should be doing everything they can to save the forum.

Not allowing posts or discussion on topics that members are actively requesting is probably the best way to kill a forum fast.
Like I said, this forum is on the way out, and it seems like the site admin is too stubborn to listen to the people who make their money for them and change it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This might burst your bubble--this forum isn't exactly a hotbed of activity. The post rate barely outpaced the American Idol Wagering forum last month and came in slightly behind the About the Forums forum and the Mod Discussion forum. So don't act like this is killing a community that is (1)thriving (2)lining 2+2's pockets with cash.

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning on doing a full disclosure campaign here, where I show my website, my keyword lists, and explain every aspect of the marketing and presentation involved.
Can't do that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really not convinced that's true. I know you probably have no interest in working with me on conforming to the rules and posting in this forum, so I won't expect to hear any more from you on this topic. But as I've said at least 10 times in the last day, I'd like people to PM me if they have a post they want to make but it doesn't fit in with the rules.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 PM

I have a question. Do mods on this forum get paid?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:37 PM

SNIPER FOR MOD!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not allowing posts or discussion on topics that members are actively requesting is probably the best way to kill a forum fast.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is possibly the best statement I have read throughout all of the recent discussion.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is possibly the best statement I have read throughout all of the recent discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Changing is not necessarily equal to killing from the site's point of view
2) As I've pointed out, this forum has never had much traffic so I'm not really convinced there's much out there to kill
Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 PM

For Christ Sake...
It is an OPEN FORUM.
IF you don't like the topic(s) of conversation, start a topic that you have interest. If it catches on good, but don't come along and act like "OUR" subjects are so below "YOUR" standards. We all can't start at the top like you!
The Billionaire Business Genius Forum is down the hall.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) As I've pointed out, this forum has never had much traffic so I'm not really convinced there's much out there to kill

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither does Other Gambling Games, but it's still around because good information appears from time to time. Also, forums like BBV4LIFE are complete trash, but generate tons of traffic and are not in danger of being canned. So, what I'm wondering is, what is the logic behind deleting/merging this forum?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that we can't post links, or even have a sig with a link, is just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
The lack of signatures is actually one of the reasons I can stand to read 2+2. I hate going to other forums and having to wade through the annoying signatures.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI - most boards that have automatic signatures will let you turn them off in your settings, so you won't see them.