Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:31 PM

Default 7 Iconic Experiences LV poker players should experience at least once.

Getting pumped for my trip next week. Haven't really been to Vegas since I've been playing poker (more) seriously and this trip is going to have a heavy emphasis on poker.

Therefore: Please help me get even more excited with suggestions.

I've finished the list for you guys:

6. Hookers
7. Blow

BTW, I get in on 9/12 for 3 nights at Alladin and 2 at Hard Rock (yes, I know there is no poker there but there are tons of fly chickens). I will surely be found donking it up between 4/8 and 10/20 and at the 1/2NL tables. Any donkery and boozins' wth fellow 2+2'ers welcome and encouraged.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:36 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: 7 Iconic Experiences LV poker players should experience at least once.

Strawberry Julius/smoothie at the Bellagiao.

The unbelievable flatulence caused by eating at Mesa grill in Ceasar's Palace.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: 7 Iconic Experiences LV poker players should experience at least once.

still being up at 9am 3 days later planning a HIGH varience -EV endeaver to rebuild your bankroll with the $6.87 you have left in your pocket.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM

I had really high hopes for this post based on the title, but instead of a really good list it was somebody trying to start a good list. Let. Down.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 7 Iconic Experiences LV poker players should experience at least o

Here's 9:

1. Fatburger
2. Capriotti's
3. Chinois
4. Grand Lux Cafe
5. Olive's
6. Aureole
7. Prime Steakhouse
8. Pink's
9. Original Pancake House

Mmmmmm - Las Vegas makes me hungry... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 03:33 PM

somebody doesn't know how to use the URL link.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:40 PM

somebody doesn't know how to give someone twenty seconds to fix their post after it looked ok in preview [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had really high hopes for this post based on the title, but instead of a really good list it was somebody trying to start a good list. Let. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:26 PM

While I have some doubts as to how Fatburger could be #1 (mostly since they aren't unique to LV - same for #9), I like the way the list is going.

How about some lists for "Cool/Interesting places to get a drink," "Meet Smokin Chicks" "Gawk at Smokin Chicks for those with no game and no money" "Best Places to Get a Massage" "Good Clean Fun that doesn't involve food" "Best Deals for $50" "Late Night Snacks" "Morning Activities" "Lamest Activities That Tourists Do" and so on. Might need a thread for each one to keep it from getting too chaotic.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:31 PM

I think this list is tilted to old school, but you did ask for iconic

1. Tip a Maitre D' for Good Seats

With assigned, high-priced seats the norm now, this may be tough, but not impossible. At least a couple shows still had seating by the maitre d' when I saw them, including Mac King (worth seeing) and La Femme at MGM. Just fold up a bill, hand it off discreetly, and enjoy your seats up front.

2. See a Jiggle Show

Yeah, I love lap dances too. But do it once at least to say you did. La Femme at MGM is very good, and easy to convince women to go to because it has that air of Parisienne sophistication to it. Plus, you can knock #1 out at the same time.

3. Eat at Hugo's at the Four Queens

I think The Ranch at Binion's may count also, here, but I am going with Hugo's Cellar. When you eat here, you will be rushed back into a dining time warp to the 70s, when waiters prepared baked alaska table side, and someliers wore spoons around their neck.

4. Schedule an Early Morning Massage for a Night You Plan to Be Out Late

Getting a massage is pampering anyway. Do it for the night that you plan on crawling back to the hotel anyway at the crack of dawn, and you'll be re-creating the acts of the Rat Pack while they filmed the original Ocean's 11.

5. Gamble, -EV Style

Don't spend all your time in the poker room. Take a shot at the tables. If you have not experienced a craps table when it gets hot...well, you may gain an appreciation for why people play -EV games.

6. Order Champagne

Do it bottle service at a club, or in your prime seats at a show, at the Peppermill Fireside Lounge, or by room service with someone who is going to be special for the next hour or so. Find a context and do it.

7. Lounge at the Pool and Bet on Ridiculous Things

If you're walking the Strip in the middle of the day, you're doing it wrong. It's too damn hot, and too full of fanny pack tourists with their kids. You did not come here to gawk at the gamblers, you are one. So have cocktails at the pool, enjoy the fauna, and make prop bets on coin tosses, how well guys will do trying to pick up various girls, which directions waitresses will turn, and anything else.