Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Venetian: Changes in the cash NL games/Tournaments/Comps

Just thought I would let everyone who cares know that Venetian is changing a few things soon (also keep in mind that the hour grinders are gone now, as the freeroll qualifying period ended).

No, I am not an employee, just a regular low limit player there (and an admitted fanboy). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cash NL Changes

The 2/5NL is going from $500 max to $1K Max (effective 8/01)

There is now a 1/3 NL game with a $300 max ($3 chips).

They are still running the 1/2 $200 max game that uses red chips, but it looks like the 1/3 might replace it soon.

Tournaments

Daytime

Sunday 11AM $80BI + $20 + $5AO
2K Starting 1K AO

Mon-Fri Noon $50BI + $10 + Single $40RB + $5AO
1.5K Starting 1.5K Rebuy 1K AO

Saturday Noon $500BI + $40 + $10 AO (no rebuys)
7.5K Starting 2.5K AO

Evening

Sunday-Friday 8PM $110 BI + $15 + Single $50 RB + $5AO
$1.5K Starting $1.5K Rebuy $1K AO

Saturday (Bounty) 8PM $175BI + $20 + $5AO ($10 of BI to bounty pool) No Rebuys
2.5K Starting 1K Bonus

Most tournaments are 6-15 tables as of late.

Comps

$2 Per hour on raked games through August.

$3 an hour for raked games from Sept 1 - Dec 31st.

Times games get higher comps (not sure the $ amount)

++++++++++++++

Now, opinion stuff. I am really liking the 1/3NL game. The action seems to be significantly better then the 1/2 (plus you get a rack of chips, which makes for bigger pots for the tourist eyes). Because of the series, saw Steve Zolotow playing the 1/3 which I thought was pretty funny. Also, Al Krux was buying into the tournament when I left. I am hoping this 1/3 will kill off the 1/2 sooner rather then later. We shall see.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Venetian: Changes in the cash NL games/Tournaments/Comps

Where is the best place to park if I am coming from the west side?
I am coming down I-15 going south - do I park at TI and walk over, or go behind and park in the V garage? Someone told me there is a front valet but I have never seen it - I know the garage has a valet but it seems quicker to just park myself if I have to go all the way back around and to the garage.
And how often is there a 9-18 game going?
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 AM

I come from the west side and I always park in the front valet. When you pull in from the strip, you will pass the security checkpoint, and instead of veering to the right to go to the garage, you veer to the left, and go under the porte cochiere into the lane marked "Hotel Registration"

If the valet says that it is for hotel guests only, say you are a poker player. They usually only say something during peak hours. When in the poker room, you can ask a floor for a parking pass, so you can park in the reserved 5th floor spaces (you can also flash it at the valet so they won't even ask).

It is the shortest walk possible when you do it this way, and actually is a quite short walk compared to some other rooms (Wynn excluded).

You can self park in the garage, and then walk to the room, it is a longer walk, as you have to go through the garage, but not unbearable. I would do that over walking from TI any day, but that is just me.

As of late, 9/18 has been going every night (starting around 5-6PM weekdays and all day weekends, sometimes earlier. 6/12 is going from about 11AM/12ish or so through the night.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 AM

Is there any word on whether they are planning to let hundreds play?

I was very annoyed by the fact that they didn't when I played there during my last trip. I would be even more so if they didn't with a 1k cap on the 2-5.

If anybody knows the rationale for the present prohibition, please be so kind as to share.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 AM

I have heard that from a few others. I will ask Jimmy (poker room manager) next time I am there to see if that will be changing for the 2/5. I think cash plays in the 5/10 game, but I am not sure.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:07 AM

What is the blind structure of the weekday noon tournaments? How does it compare to Caesars? How long are the blind levels? Knowing the starting chip stack is only worth anything if one also knows the ratio between chips and blinds. It's like knowing the relative humidity without knowing the temperature.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:32 AM

You are correct, cash plays in the 5-10 game.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 AM

Sorry, didn't want the post to go on too long.

20 minute levels on the noon $50 and 30 minute levels on the evening $110.

Blinds start at 25/50. Antes start at the fourth level.

It can go on LOOONG at times, as last night, at 7:30 PM, there were still 4 guys left from the noon one, as they refused to chop.

I don't ever go to Caesars any more, so I have no idea about how it compares. I think CP has longer levels, but smaller chip counts, but I'm not sure.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are correct, cash plays in the 5-10 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up. It looks like the rationale is that they just don't want cash to play in capped buy in games. When a player wants more chips in a capped game, though, the cash will play in theory until the chip runner gets there. Usually another player will just lends him the chips while waiting for the runner.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:54 AM

I plan on grinding it out for at least 10 hours per day playing any limit between 5-10 - 10/20 between 8/7-8/11 (maybe some low NL). I know it's a Monday thru Friday, but this is the only time I can get there thru the WSOP. Is this the place to go for comps and grind? I'm a TAG player.