Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Poker Tracker last 1000 hands

I know it isn't a huge number of hands, but is there something blatantly wrong/good with these numbers?

Thanks

Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker last 1000 hands

Standard. Come back too use at 10k hands.

Edit - If your playing FR you might actually be too agressive. Unless you the deck has just been hitting you in the face and your betting/raising madee hands or good draws.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 AM

As already stated, the sample size is too small to meaningfully comment. But on the figures given, VPIP looks OK, (for a 10 seater), BB/100 is high so it looks as though you've run good over these 1000 hands. PF raise acceptable but could come down a tad. Your AF post flop is high. From these it suggests that you're very agressive. That is good, but beware overdoing it and getting slow played. For an AF of 6 you are betting and raising 85% and only calling 15%.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:58 AM

I think you might defend too much, but then again. I don't know how 10nl games are. That might be because there are so many limped pots.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM

Hard to say because they are just stats (over 1k hands) and stats don't count for much - a range of styles can be effective.

That said:

(1) You probably do defend too much. 23% of the time someone open raises from the cutoff or BB or BB you are calling or raising (often raising is better than calling)

(2) Your attempt to steal is relatively high in relation to your pre-flop raise frequency (an attempt to steal of 27% is on the high side and a 10% pre-flop raise in on the low side). This is an indication that you might be too tight in early position.

(3) You should probably call more more in spots where you fold or raise. Your aggression factor (the ratio of bets and raises to calls) is pretty high. This doesn't necessarily mean you are too aggressive - as you could be folding when you might call. It is only 1k hands and you were running hot so it could just mean that you are getting hands good enough to bet and raise with.

Lucky
Old 08-24-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to say because they are just stats (over 1k hands) and stats don't count for much - a range of styles can be effective.

That said:

(1) You probably do defend too much. 23% of the time someone open raises from the cutoff or BB or BB you are calling or raising (often raising is better than calling)

(2) Your attempt to steal is relatively high in relation to your pre-flop raise frequency (an attempt to steal of 27% is on the high side and a 10% pre-flop raise in on the low side). This is an indication that you might be too tight in early position.

(3) You should probably call more more in spots where you fold or raise. Your aggression factor (the ratio of bets and raises to calls) is pretty high. This doesn't necessarily mean you are too aggressive - as you could be folding when you might call. It is only 1k hands and you were running hot so it could just mean that you are getting hands good enough to bet and raise with.

Lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definitely say I am very tight in early position. I don't see much value in playing marginal hands oop.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:08 PM

I was using the PT trial. Is it even worth buying PT when I play such low limits and my BR isn't very big?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 PM

PokerTracker is definately worth it, you can get out of bad habits early and see where your leaks are.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:50 PM

19/10/6 are pretty standard TAG numbers at full ring. If you are multi-tabling with an ABC TAG style, then you might even tighten up a little preflop by watching your position more carefully, especially in raised pots (i.e. 100bb effective stacks, reasonable player in MP raises to 4bb or 5bb, folded to you in BB with AQo or 78s = fold, etc.).

You should be able to win a consistent amount at these limits playing like this as long as you watch your position, and don't suffer from bouts of FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome).

Grind out enough of a bankroll to move up, then repeat. As you increase stakes, you can experiment with playing more hands, or finding specific players to make "moves" on, but for starting out your first 1K hands look fine.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was using the PT trial. Is it even worth buying PT when I play such low limits and my BR isn't very big?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is very worth it if you plan on playing for some time online and have the will to actually dig into what PT can do for your game. If you're roaming around town collecting aluminum cans for spending money, maybe hold off; if you can scrounge up $55 through less labor-intensive efforts, do it.