Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: whats the point of the \"sack dance\"? and other ramblings of a madm

[ QUOTE ]
I find it funny that defensive players never get unsportmanlike for celebrations

[/ QUOTE ]

Oklahoma did at Texas A&M this past week.
I was in agreement with Herbstreit saying it should be called more.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: whats the point of the \"sack dance\"? and other ramblings of a madm

[ QUOTE ]
Stop watching.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and tell this to the people complaining about officiating as well.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do these guys do these stupid dances after sacking a qb, or dropping a rb in the backfield? wouldnt they be better off saving their energy for the game? it cant be to pump up the crowd, because they do it on the road as well.stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they don't get the chance to do end zone celebrations. They get jealous of the offensive guys doing dances and feel they need to bring their own individuality to the game.

[ QUOTE ]
how does TO have the balls to yell at anybody for screwing up when he keeps coming up small on easy plays?

[/ QUOTE ]

He sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber. Don't [censored] with him.

[ QUOTE ]
why do these guys do these stupid endzone celebrations after a td? these are grown men acting like idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are grown men having fun. If you weren't so jealous of grown men playing a game for a living making millions of dollars maybe you could have some too...
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop watching.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, and tell this to the people complaining about officiating as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm telling this to you. Stop bitching.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you enjoy sports? It is a form of entertainment. They do it both to piss off the opposing team and get their fans pumped up. I loved when TO used to do his little gags. They are funny. If you don't enjoy them, don't watch sports. I like to watch the games but I also like to see what the players are going to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
its a form of entertainment for the viewers. but amazingly some viewers, if not most, are entertained by the actual game, not how some guy acts like a jerk after making a fairly routine play. what does pissing off the other team do? make them play harder? thats smart. fans pumped up is moot because they do it on the road as well.

"I loved when TO used to do his little gags. They are funny. "
boy its hysterical when his team is getting penalized because hes being an idiot. if your watching football to see low level comedy, congratulations.

i cant watch sports now because of the selfish showboaters?

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you? Not trying to be offensive, but I'm 24 and you sound like an old man who is out of touch with the younger generation.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, I'm telling this to you. Stop bitching.

[/ QUOTE ]
was i bitching? sorry, it was meant more for discussion
Old 11-08-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How old are you? Not trying to be offensive, but I'm 24 and you sound like an old man who is out of touch with the younger generation.

[/ QUOTE ]
meh, im 36, but i dont think thats the problem
Old 11-08-2006, 09:29 PM

Scott,

This is a personal problem, please seek professional help. It's not healthy to be so jealous of oridnary human beings who get paid extraordinary amounts of money to play a game.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott,

This is a personal problem, please seek professional help. It's not healthy to be so jealous of oridnary human beings who get paid extraordinary amounts of money to play a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
im not jealous at all
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Unless it's planned and douchey, I just don't see a problem with celebrating after making a great play (not after an ordinary one). If a DT fights through two blockers to sack the QB he should be allowed to celebrate. If Marvin Harrison makes an absolutely ridiculous catch in an important game, he should be allowed to spike the ball.