Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Just wondering...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are be back in the 1940s now. "Act like a lady"

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you not believe that she would receive a warmer reception if she had a little bit more tact, grace, and dignity? I didn't tell her to wait to speak until spoken to, nor did I tell her to cook or clean for me (though, I would never protest if she wanted to.) It sounds to me like you could use a lesson or 2 in manners as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you would have made that comment if she was a male. This has nothing to do with manners more to do with you are intimidated by a successful rich female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who takes an aggressive tone with me will be corrected, regardless of race or gender. (You are being rude to me now, and you are not a "successful rich female".) You have to give respect to get respect. Annette would have a lot more "friends" if she acted only a little more "friendly". That was the point of my initial post.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't about "you". Annette didn't take an aggressive tone with "you". Get over yourself.

Go and read through all of the crap that has been posted about Annette in this forum and maybe you will have a better understanding of where she is coming from. There is nothing wrong with the tone of her post as it is addressed to the entire forum regarding the general manner in which she is treated here. She has every right to be somewhat confrontational.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:55 AM

Welcome Annette. Please ignore all the haters and I hope to see you posting on 2+2 on a regular basis.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 AM

"I dont think any differently of Sorel because of what he did, Like I said I dont support it but it doesnt change the fact that hes a very good friend of mine, and thats why I've chosen not to say anything. Our friendship is much more important for me than letting everyone know that he cheated in a tournament.... Get some perspective ppl. This [censored] happens all the time and we just have to live with it. If ppl keep getting caught this problem will hopefully stop or at least decrease in time.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Zang

Annette"

Hardly reason for hate. i dont hate, i think hate is a waste of time, but i do question her ethics, and her ability to decipher right from wrong.

she is a world champion, yet this is her stance on the imper1um affair.

she is a spokesperson for an online site, yet this is her stance on the imper1um affair.

someone kindly tossed it off to the fact that she is young, IMHO by the time you are 19 you should have known right from wrong for so long that you can insta react.

2+2 has a rep as being a forum that brutalizes people just for the sport of it. and if youre a woman well bad beat, cause unless ur a hot stripper youre not welcome here.
that you are an extremely talented player doesnt give you carte blanche in the 2+2 love dept.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I dont think any differently of Sorel because of what he did, Like I said I dont support it but it doesnt change the fact that hes a very good friend of mine, and thats why I've chosen not to say anything. Our friendship is much more important for me than letting everyone know that he cheated in a tournament.... Get some perspective ppl. This [censored] happens all the time and we just have to live with it. If ppl keep getting caught this problem will hopefully stop or at least decrease in time.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Zang

Annette"

Hardly reason for hate. i dont hate, i think hate is a waste of time, but i do question her ethics, and her ability to decipher right from wrong.

she is a world champion, yet this is her stance on the imper1um affair.

she is a spokesperson for an online site, yet this is her stance on the imper1um affair.

someone kindly tossed it off to the fact that she is young, IMHO by the time you are 19 you should have known right from wrong for so long that you can insta react.

[/ QUOTE ]

You find it hard to believe that this is her stance on that whole situation?

That doesn't surprise me at all with her. She was violating every site's TOS that she played on when she was underage. Doesn't surprise me at all...........
Old 12-01-2007, 01:30 AM

she IS very young.

i think she should be cut a lot of slack bc of that. at 19, you might know the difference between right and wrong and still not be secure enough in yourself to follow your moral compass all the time. i was hardly a saint at 19...

and annette,

my best advice to you is to stop posting here in nvg. if these types of people bother you, then arguing with them will only get your feelings hurt worse. you are old enough to know better than to care about strangers throwing out shallow insults. let your success speak for itself. thats what these forums are about..
Old 12-01-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I JSUT LOGGED IN TO FTP SEARCHED HER UÅP AT THE OMAHA TABLES AND ASKED HER.

SHE CONFIRMED IT IS HER.

she was sitting with 10K at plo 10/20. well its omaha so could very well all be her own but people that think she cant beat NL200 are pretty lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thot most online sponsorship deals required the player to play exclusively at that site. i guess her deal w/betfair doesn't have that.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:31 AM

also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

you looked cute in barcelona
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 AM

annette i just pwned two $5 super turbo sngs in a row, im 2 for 2 for the week, mentor me please!!

anyway, i only played one mtt and busted 29 when top 27 get $110 tourn credits, i tried to steal the blinds and insisted on bluffing. From what little i know id figure it takes some sick skill to consistenly win in mtts, donkament or not, overcoming those large fields consistently is a skill id rather have than beating cash games.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If u all just hate me because of my looks and because i have more money than u then please just say so... its all i wanna know.

Annette

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 12-01-2007, 02:12 AM

Annette, simply put, this forum (NVG) is one of the most unforgiving forums on this site (minus BBV and BBV4L)

Please continue to post and dont get down on yourself or care about the retards who obviously have no life. Ill look forward to your posts in the MTTC & high stakes MTT threads in the near future (hopefully).

<3

showtime90