Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: This is why I\'m for the death penalty.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why upstanding citizens should be armed. I find it ridiculous that so many people are forced by law to place themselves at the mercy of these gangsta pieces of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is weak. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people have to use that freaking DUCY in stead of pointing out what they disagree with? It just slows the developent of the thread/subject down, and basically having the previous poster having to guess why you find his statements weak/wrong does not add much to the discussion. DUCY?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who has so little value for another human being's life does not deserve to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, i'm suprised so many people here think it is good for the state to murder people.

[/ QUOTE ]

As murder is the unlawful killing of a human being I dont think there are anyone here that think that is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned not to go too for down that road. There are a certain number of people who do not have the capability to understand that while killing is usually wrong, there are exceptions where it is not only justifiable, but necessary.

Whether the death penalty is one of those times is up in the air for debate, and whether zasterguava is one of those without the capability to understand sometimes killing is morally acceptable, and necessary for the good of yourself or society I don't know, but I'm just saying this as a general statement.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is why upstanding citizens should be armed. I find it ridiculous that so many people are forced by law to place themselves at the mercy of these gangsta pieces of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people have to use that freaking DUCY in stead of pointing out what they disagree with? It just slows the developent of the thread/subject down, and basically having the previous poster having to guess why you find his statements weak/wrong does not add much to the discussion. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take a wild shot in the dark and assume that he's under the strange assumption that a man who would gun someone down for asking him to please move would, somehow, for reasons we as humans can never understand, not carry a gun because "its against the law".

Anyone want to take any wagers the suspect was actually carrying the gun illegally anyway, without the proper permits?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So they weren't actually "wrongfully executed" were they?

[/ QUOTE ]
They were sentenced to death.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was funny. A few facts about death sentences from amnesty.com.

- In 2006, 91 per cent of all known executions took place in China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan and the USA.

- Ten countries since 1990 are known to have executed 58 prisoners who were under 18 years old at the time of the crime – Afghanistan, China, Congo, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, USA and Yemen.

Oh, and about innocence and death sentences in USA:

- Since 1973, 124 prisoners have been released in the USA after evidence emerged of their innocence of the crimes for which they were sentenced to death.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with the death sentence, but those statistics are intentionally misleading.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they dead?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I can tell, I haven't yet expressed any train of logic. I expressed the opinion that upstanding citizens should be armed. And I expressed the opinion that laws mandating that gangsta pieces of [censored] have the upper hand in violent confrontations with upstanding citizens are ridiculous. I may hold these opinions for logical reasons, but I haven't yet expressed them in this thread.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats like arguing against the morality of sentencing people to serve time in prison based on the fact that people that have served time in prison are later found to beinnocent, and the government have wrongfully taken away their freedom for an often substantial time. Noone is arguing in favor of punishing innocent people.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Often I think its pretty obvious that the person is not innocent and cannot be innocent. There are clearly cases where the chances of the convicted being innocent is so slim it is not worth noting. When you have a dozen of eye witnesses, DNA, confession, motives, videotape and so on there is very litle reason for talking about "chance of being innocent".

[/ QUOTE ]
The chance of society executing an innocent person is always greater than zero. Not all murders have dozens of eye witnesses or CSI-quality DNA evidence.

[ QUOTE ]
3. Who are we to take freedom away from others? Is it right to tell people that "you have to spend the rest of your life inside this tiny cell" just because they have beeen bad? Who are we to judge anyways? And who are we to decide whats appropiate punishment and not? Someone who has taken the life of an innocent person might deserve to have his life taken too, imo. If he felt he was justified in his actions then clearly "we" are justified too.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can argue that it is necessary to put people in prison to guarantee for our own safety. It is, however, not necessary to kill them for the same reasons.