Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Here is a great idea on how to beat bookies

His bookie is obviously Assani's friend. Let me know when he crosses state lines into NY.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet enough with one guy to run away with the money, and we settle up after every week, I actually have 3 different guys and if I bet more than 200 a game I will spread it out along those guys, that way even if one will run away the others will still pay. Please just follow my picks and see were we stand in 2 weeks thats all I ask for, than if I am not up I will apologize for wasting your time and will stop posting in this thread thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roman, no one is disagreeing that your "system" will work. There is no need to post the plays. You should keep track on a spreadsheet, and then report to us at the end of the NHL season. It would be helpful if you compared your actual ROI to your expected ROI (calculated using Pinnacle's lines).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 PM

"follow my picks and see were we stand in 2 weeks thats all I ask for"

ummm, whether you are up or down or whatever after 2 weeks has almost nothing to do with whether your ideas are valid or not.
In fact, almost everyone agrees that getting significantly better lines through inept bookies can be very profitable so there's no need to prove it.
You don't seem to understand that nobody is disagreeing with you.

You also seem to think that just 2 weeks works of games somehow proves something. All it will show is how hot or cold you might have run during a 2 week stretch which is really really short-term obviously.

Please go back and re-read some of the other comments in this thread because I don't think you understood them the first time around.

PostOak's idea is fine. Just track your plays through the season and then report on how much better you ended up doing via your ability to find bad lines vs. how you would have ended up doing. This will show the value of line-shopping which has been shown over and over again in other posts but it's always nice to see further evidence.

If the lines you are getting are that much better than the true lines then it would not be terribly surprising if you were able to turn what-would-have-been a losing NHL season into a winning one just through some creative line-shopping.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His bookie is obviously Assani's friend. Let me know when he crosses into Planet Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His bookie is obviously Daliman's friend. Let me know when he deals rogue teaser lines.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 AM

"Here is a great idea on how to beat bookies"

"When they give a bad line then place a bet!!!"