Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

Why is it that USC gets a pass when they struggle with a bad Washington team, lose to an atrocious Stanford team, then struggle again with Arizona? Giving them a pass because Booty hurt his finger is ridiculous--Sanchez is outstanding for a backup, and Arizona is awful.

LSU's entire playbook has been out for the world to see, as they've needed it against their tough schedule. Fluke mistakes and a handful of really weird calls (this coming from a UK fan who was at the game) are all that kept LSU from beating their 3rd Top 10 team, without their best offensive playmaker.

LSU has shown a great deal more than USC.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that USC gets a pass when they struggle with a bad Washington team, lose to an atrocious Stanford team, then struggle again with Arizona? Giving them a pass because Booty hurt his finger is ridiculous--Sanchez is outstanding for a backup, and Arizona is awful.

LSU's entire playbook has been out for the world to see, as they've needed it against their tough schedule. Fluke mistakes and a handful of really weird calls (this coming from a UK fan who was at the game) are all that kept LSU from beating their 3rd Top 10 team, without their best offensive playmaker.

LSU has shown a great deal more than USC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I saying that USC is better than LSU? No. Am I saying that they are a lot closer than most of you believe? Yes. Of course this will all be decided when USC plays Oregon the week after next. From what all you have been arguing that game should not be close, while by what I have been arguing it will be very close.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL that is the biggest joke ever. The worst team in the Pac 10 is way better than the entire bottom half of the Big 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely borne out by evidence. Oh no, wait. It's not. The worst team in the Pac-Ten (WSU) actually played one of those bottom half of the Big-Ten teams you're talking about (Wisconsin) and lost by 21 points. I'm not saying the Big-Ten's better than the Pac-Ten; everyone knows the Pac-Ten's slightly better, but can we ditch the hyperbole please?

[/ QUOTE ]
Since when is Wisconsin in the bottom half of the Big 10?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I saying that USC is better than LSU? No. Am I saying that they are a lot closer than most of you believe? Yes. Of course this will all be decided when USC plays Oregon the week after next. From what all you have been arguing that game should not be close, while by what I have been arguing it will be very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misunderstood you then. My bad.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In light of Michigan's resurrection is some of the heat off Carr/English/DeBord? We had all written them off for dead after ASU/Oregon, but it turns out Oregon is a damn good team, and Michigan has won 5 straight since then against some tough teams.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they aren't gone at the end of this year, the fans will riot. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan fans make me smile. Their program has the 2nd most wins in D1 in the last 10 years, but they hate the coach because he does poorly against tOSU and in bowls. 2 early season losses, and now he's fired regardless of what he does against tOSU and in the bowl...

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is Michigan is underachieving

[/ QUOTE ]

if Carr deserves the blame for Michigan underachieving, he also deserves the credit for building a good team. The end product is what people should be concerned with. And during Carr's tenure, the end product has been very good.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL that is the biggest joke ever. The worst team in the Pac 10 is way better than the entire bottom half of the Big 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely borne out by evidence. Oh no, wait. It's not. The worst team in the Pac-Ten (WSU) actually played one of those bottom half of the Big-Ten teams you're talking about (Wisconsin) and lost by 21 points. I'm not saying the Big-Ten's better than the Pac-Ten; everyone knows the Pac-Ten's slightly better, but can we ditch the hyperbole please?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Also don't even try to argue that I am exxagerating wildly. The bottom half of the Big 10 is god freaking awful. Northwestern lost to Duke, who hadn't won in 2 years and have not won since. There are probably 3-4 teams in the conference worse than them. Nuff said.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they lost to Penn State by 31 points. According to the Sagarin predictor, they're the 8th best team in the conference behind Michigan State and Indiana.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, LOL at everyone ranking Florida better than USC. They might be defending national champions, they might be in the SEC, but this team barely beat Ole Miss then lost two in a row, once to Auburn who is not that good. Florida might be a better team than USC, its tough to tell, but as of this moment you can not rank them higher after losing twice.

This leads to my last LOL, all the people continue to rank LSU in the top 5 or even top 3 (not you rwperu I think I can live with your ranking).

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally, someone who actually knows what they are talking about! This guy is a refreshing breath of nice fresh air! Good for you son!

The SEC is a vastly overrated conference, except for South Carolina of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Way to point that out! So USC has a bad game -- everyone has em! They are still great, and obviously much better than any of those silly SEC teams. So what if Florida lost to two ranked teams and USC lost to a bottom of the barrel opponent. Last time I checked 2 losses was still two losses and one loss was still one loss. 2 > 1 last time I checked.

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever keeps winning can enjoy better rankings and its pretty dumb to keep claiming that such and such a team deserves a better ranking even after losing because we don't want to be results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't understand that whole results oriented thing either, so you are not alone!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they lost to Penn State by 31 points. According to the Sagarin predictor, they're the 8th best team in the conference behind Michigan State and Indiana.

[/ QUOTE ]
I refuse to trust a predictor that claims UCLA is better than USC. The win against Notre Dame this weekend will prove me right. And the Sagarin predictor I looked at had Wisc ahead of BOTH Mich St and Indiana.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 PM

^^Too comprehendale for Holtz. Most of his sentences transcribed would be more like this

KENTUCKY ARE You kiddinsg sadlskld lsldkfdlj. SOUTH CAROLINA IS The best laslfijhdsflsfdgd. MEDICAID TOMATO SOUP FLORIDA ORANGES pwaeffdlsfdsd.