View Poll Results: First Choice of Game
Scattergories 3 42.86%
MSPaint pictionary/charades 0 0%
Puzzles/Rebuses/Brain Teasers 1 14.29%
1 vs 100 (or 5) 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 PM

Default JJ OOP 4 handed - Maniac flop push - $25 FTP

So I JUST sat down at a table. I had been datamining and am sitting to the right of a true maniac.

Maniac ($15) opens to $1 UTG . 2 TAGS (full stacks) call. I have JJ in the BB and smoothcall. (I debated reraising but had no reads other then datamined stats. And I'm oop against 3 people... so I smoothcalled)

Flop ($4.15) 257 rainbow.

I check. Maniac open pushes his remaining $14. Both Tags Fold.

I had no read whatsoever other then he had the smiley face/maniac autorate. Is this an autocall for everyone here? Would it matter if he had a full stack?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: JJ OOP 4 handed - Maniac flop push - $25 FTP

whats his datamined stats?

but i voted for yes on both if he is a maniac
Old 10-25-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats his datamined stats?

but i voted for yes on both if he is a maniac

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work so I can only guess. But I know he was the reason I sat at the table and was likely in the 50/26/3 range.

Though I've sat with many a maniacs, most of them don't just open push for over 3x the pot. When I've seen it its either a regular part of their behaviour (completely insane maniacs), they're on tilt, or they have some kind of monster and expect to be called down.

Having just sat down, I wasn't sure what to make of it...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 PM

I still would prefer a reraise preflop now that the TAGs are trapped in the middle and you most likely have the maniac beat. No reads and OOP strengthen the case to reraise IMO. Also, if this same action occurred and the flop has a Q, K, or A it's going to be hard to call even though you may be best.

I call this once the TAGs fold. I think we are ahead far more often than not. Full stack I probably still call, but I'm not nearly as happy about it.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still would prefer a reraise preflop now that the TAGs are trapped in the middle and you most likely have the maniac beat. No reads and OOP strengthen the case to reraise IMO. Also, if this same action occurred and the flop has a Q, K, or A it's going to be hard to call even though you may be best.

I call this once the TAGs fold. I think we are ahead far more often than not. Full stack I probably still call, but I'm not nearly as happy about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely thinking about the reraising. I'll tell you what holds me back... I raise.. we know the maniac calls no matter what. Now the third tag is getting 3 to 1 on any call and the other tag 3 to 1 or 4 to 1. If everyone calls, I'm not sure what a safe flop is. sigh. I just hate oop.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 PM

Their calling odds are better but you have crushed the implied odds. They could be calling with JTs, QJs, AJs, any pair, etc. If you pop it up to $5 or 6 then they can't call anymore regardless if it's 3 or 4 to 1 pot odds, the implied odds are gone.